Rohrig Tarot for $9.89....

gregory

Aquamarin picked it up. I have no idea who else might....

But the USG one DOES have titles at the top, G6. I can't remember if my Bluestar one does....

MizGrace

Im noticing lots of decks too saying China as where they are from and Ukraine in links but the text weirdly is in Russian. They look fake I guess if its too good to be true it usually is. Still you could always go ahead, least youd have the deck to view and get a feel for. I imagine many decks are printed in china anyhow? I honestly dont know. why arent they banning bootleg items. Im surprised its happening so much. I am worried I will buy a bootleg one and make a huge mistake. I guess the only way is to buy vintage version.

Laura Borealis

I, too, saw that just the other day! Smells like a bootleg to me, also. Check out the Thoth the seller has up for sale. If this isn't fishy, I don't know what is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGLISH-Ale...997349?hash=item3f64dac065:g:KkIAAOSwc1FXYUhi

Look what they did to the titles... and the back is all stretched... appalling!

I thought about grabbing a cheap Rohrig I saw on eBay not long ago (nude version) but then I saw it was out of the Ukraine and just nope. Not going there.

gregory

Lots of decks are printed in China - including ones from USGames. I am aware of a very good seller in Bulgaria, who never sells bootlegs - that said, this ebay seller is not him. But just being from Bulgaria does not mean this one is a scammer. We can't know till someone gets one and can actually look at it.

ETA I just checked out all the boxes - and the Thoth box, in particular, looks exactly like one you can buy on the Lo Scarabeo site but with VERY bad photos of the cards - and the Rohrig's BOX is right too - and he hasn't MANY tarot decks up for sale.

I am as anti bootleg as anyone - but - innocent till proven guilty.

gregory

Look what they did to the titles... and the back is all stretched... appalling!

I thought about grabbing a cheap Rohrig I saw on eBay not long ago (nude version) but then I saw it was out of the Ukraine and just nope. Not going there.
Oh yeah. Those people. Me neither either :)

Nude ones are hard to find. Aulruna found me one ages ago in a used bookstore !

Le Fanu

I have a nude one as well as the standard English language one with the Fool on the box. I suppose I must have thought one could be "improved" by seeing the nude Hanged Man.

Plus I recently discovered the Spanish language edition one which is NOT bootleg and is easily available from amazon and the Book Depository and from a few hiked up sellers on ebay, listed as if it were rare.

To be honest, the Spanish language one is my favourite. It is about the size as the mid-sized Thoth, easily shuffleable and nicely pocked sized. It's the one I use the most to be honest.

Even I, with my large hand-span that can span an octave and more can't quite stretch to shuffling the standard Rohrig

delinfrey

Thanks, LeFanu! Spanish Röhrig on the way from BookDepository :)

EDIT: Crap, this forum is full of enablers... Decided that it is a good idea to have one Röhrig for reading and one for studying, now I've ordered a white-box version from German Amazon for 13 euros as well!

gregory

I have a nude one as well as the standard English language one with the Fool on the box. I suppose I must have thought one could be "improved" by seeing the nude Hanged Man.
Not for me; it was for the pantyless Prrincess. :) Not because I wanted to see her crotch - but the fact that the book that comes with the original images specifically mentions states of dress.

MizGrace

ive not heard of this deck before then again there are thousands I dont know of. I am learning through here though, I am forcing myself not to view it much because like the Voyager it seems to have the same feel and vibes I would go for. I have enough to study with right now yet never say never. I love all the blues I am seeing in it and oh dear me! I want that deck.

Sibylline

Plus I recently discovered the Spanish language edition one which is NOT bootleg and is easily available from amazon and the Book Depository and from a few hiked up sellers on ebay, listed as if it were rare.

I agree that the Spanish version can be had for a decent price. I just ordered a Spanish edition from a bookstore in Spain a week ago. I snagged their last copy for $23 with free shipping to the U.S. From what I hear, the images are exactly the same as the 2007 US Games release. It's just a more manageable size.

If US Games can re-release the Ukiyoe, then maybe there's hope for the Rohrig? I wonder if there's something going on with who has the rights to the deck. Paging US Games...