The deck used in Lewis - (episode called 'Down among the fearful)

earthair

Hi
Did anyone see the Lewis (ITV) episode called Down Among the Fearful?
Apparently a tarot deck was used by the character 'Justine Skinner', but as I didn't see the episode I can't help the person who is asking what it is!
Can't find any screen shots or anything useful.

danieljuk

gonna get the episode on a catch up player and try to capture the deck :)

peacewing

It's available to stream if you have Amazon Prime! I took a screenshot: looks like a copy of the first edition Rider Waite Smith.

wcoc8amErUUzQ8eP6

EmpyreanKnight

It's available to stream if you have Amazon Prime! I took a screenshot: looks like a copy of the first edition Rider Waite Smith.

wcoc8amErUUzQ8eP6

Or just a copy of the Original Rider Waite Tarot. The cards in that pic look a bit like mine.

danieljuk

well done peacewing :thumbsup:
they seem to be getting the tarot reader to profile the crime with cards, she reads with them in the police station but it does look like a RWS variant for sure.

EmpyreanKnight

Brilliant! Thanks :)
Funny thing is, I showed them a RWS just in case, and they swore it wasn't the same deck :joke:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/original-rider-waite/

Welp, I only based my guess on peacewing's screenshot, which is clearly an RWS with the Fool card on top. I didn't watch the episodes though. :D

Hmmmmm perhaps there were different decks used in the two episodes? The Down Among the Fearful storyljne is split into two episodes aired on different days, which are episodes 1 and 2 of Season 7 of Lewis.

earthair

Just finished watching it myself. It's a very enjoyable episode. :)