"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

Bhavana

I love the Queen, she looks great. And the Fool too! You really are doing a great job!

For what it's worth, I have a hard time photographing my dogs too...not sure why. I guess they just don't stay still long enough. You need a fast camera for sure.

MoonGypsy

Lynnie, i am really loving the pics! :D i ADORE the Fool! Debra's brother will be thrilled when he sees him, i am sure! i adore the Queen, but personally,i think the crown is a bit too big. :* That was my first impression, anyway. :love: i love the water closer to her feet...:D

Hugs and Blessings,
Amber xxx

Lady Morgaine

Great job!

OMG this deck is so cute! And I love the posts about your pets!

A dog named Taco.....that is too funny.

I think you are doing a great job. I love all of them. It is a hard task to do a whole deck but your taking it all in stride. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!

Fezzi

I've never been one for an animal deck but I absolutely adore this one! I can't wait until your finished! I just got my first Chi a few months ago, and he's completely crazy! LOL! I love him to death! I'll have to get my photos uploaded to my computer and send you a few, see if you could use any! :D

tarotlyn

Tarotlyn, I'm finding that I kind of like this deck, even though I'm not a Chi person. (I love dogs, and Chis are OK, but not my first choice.)

I am, however, all over the AT Pets deck. I'd love to be a part of that one.

Meanwhile -

I loved that Chi with the needle - your second choice for a devil card. Maybe do like the Thoth - make two different Devil cards (like the one Thoth has three Magicians?) Then we could use whichever one we prefer.

The fool is pretty cool looking.

The Queen of Cups however - and maybe it's me - the Chi in that one looks more manly than womanly. Granted, it may be a female in real life, but the face seems to scream "King" to me instead of "Queen" (though I know that men can be queens....)

Just my two cents. I'll definitely be buying one of these when you're done.

Question: For the All Bears you had your proceeds going to a wildlife foundation. Would you be having any proceeds for this one going to a Chihuahua rescue? Not that it makes any difference, I'm just curious.
:heart: Hi! Shalyn...I so happy to that you like this deck so far. I think that it might be the whiskers
on the Queen of Cups card that might give her a more masculine appearance. And that may
be the case in all of the female Chi cards in this deck. I might do a 2nd version of this card
with another Chi and then take a vote on it to see which one everyone likes best.
Thanks for your observations on this, I will check it out.

I will keep you in mind for the AT Pet deck, I think that one will be a lot of fun! :party:
There are probably enough member's pets on here for 10 decks! LOL It could be an ongoing thing. :laugh:

I'm glad you brought up the possibility of a 2nd devil card...that's probably a good idea.
I will have to work on that too.

You are now on my deck list for this deck :)

Regarding Chihuahua rescue...you must have been picking up my brain waves? The thought
has crossed my mind about donating 100% of my proceeds from this deck to that cause.
There are some pretty abused Chi's out there. One of my friends, years ago, bought one
and paid a really high price just to get it away from it's abusive owner.

I have seen Chi rescue places online but I will have to check into them further.
In the meantime, if you hear of any good ones, let me know so I can check them out too.

:heart: Thank you so much, Shalyn, for posting your comments :heart:

I love the Queen, she looks great. And the Fool too! You really are doing a great job!

For what it's worth, I have a hard time photographing my dogs too...not sure why. I guess they just don't stay still long enough. You need a fast camera for sure.
:heart: That is the problem my camera is just too slow
for their quick little movements, plus mine deliberately 'hate' cameras and will NOT pose!
But I just ordered a new touch screen camera, and I am hoping it snaps faster! :bugeyed:
...or I will be forced to use older (younger) images of my Chi's.
Thanks, :heart: Bhavana, for your comments...

Lynnie, i am really loving the pics! :D i ADORE the Fool! Debra's brother will be thrilled when he sees him, i am sure! i adore the Queen, but personally,i think the crown is a bit too big. :* That was my first impression, anyway. :love: i love the water closer to her feet...:D

Hugs and Blessings,
Amber xxx
:heart: Thanks, sis... yes, I am loving the water up closer to the Queen of Cup's feet too!
It just seems right to me. I will check out her crown and see if I can tweak it down a bit...
Do you think it is too 'wide' or too 'tall?' or both?

I didn't know if Pinto showed up very well in the Fool card, so I put a slight light yellow glow
behind him. Debra said she liked it, so I hope it will be okay. And you like it...so Pinto is probably a go :)
Thanks for your help :heart: sis!

OMG this deck is so cute! And I love the posts about your pets!

A dog named Taco.....that is too funny.

I think you are doing a great job. I love all of them. I is a hard task to do a whole deck but your taking it all in stride. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!
:heart: Thanks, Lady Morgaine, glad you like the Chi cards, but it looks like I need to make some changes
on a couple of them. And you are right, it IS quite a task to complete a whole tarot deck!
...and this one is going much slower than my last. However, I do want to speed it up some
because I have my other deck ideas piling up...LOL (two more at least, and one I haven't
even mentioned yet! :bugeyed:)...so that is three more, after this one, that I want to do...YIKES!

Regarding my Taco, he is actually REALLY funny, and he acts like a little baby most of the time,
and he is 10 years old! :laugh: He is very, very sensitive too, like when I put on his little shirts,
he wines while I put each front leg into the sleeves! It makes me laugh! He's such a baby! LOL Ha Ha
But...once the shirt is on, and the ordeal is over with, he likes it on and is so happy.

Thanks, :heart: Lady Morgaine, for for your comments...

:heart:@ everyone...
Hope you are all having a great day, and if you aren't, I am sending some positive vibes towards your way! :)
HUGS
tarotlyn

Debra

:heart::) Debra, here is 'Pinto'

My brother e-mailed: "Fabulous!"

And the second e-mail: "Nothing could be more F A B U L O U S, ever!!!!!!"

So I think he likes it :laugh:

tarotlyn

:heart: Debra, that is great news, I was kind of holding my breath! :bugeyed: :laugh:

If you pm me your email address, I can try to send you the larger image of Pinto and your
brother could print it out and frame it maybe?

If that doesn't work, I could possibly post it on one of my web sites for him to download.
But email would be easier for me to do at the present so would like to try that first, if you want.

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

Bhavana

I might be able to dig out the names of a few chihuahua rescues that are reputable.
Both of my dogs came from bad situations - one a shelter, where he would have certainly been put to sleep, and the other was bounced around from owner to owner to owner till I took him in.

In the past decade, especially since some celebrities started carrying chi's around like fashion accessories, there has been a flood of chihuahuas into the shelters. Reason being, OMG, they are actually DOGS!!! They need to be taken care of, not stuffed in a shoe box after you "take them off". Another problem, and reason why these dogs wind up being given up or dumped, is because they are:

1.) considerably difficult to housetrain. Especially the males. They all have that little man syndrome, and feel the need to mark everything with their urine to prove that they are indeed, the "MAN". And, small dog = small bladder. 2 sips of water and they gotta go.

2.) breeders not caring who buys their pups, or buyers not educating themselves on the breed before they buy. Chihuahuas, though not ALL of them, can be nervous little dogs. They tend to do better in quiet homes without small or noisy kids. In a stressful environment, their bad traits can come out more readily - nipping, biting, peeing in corners, etc. Breeders should be careful who they sell to, and people should learn about the type of dog that will do best in the environment they can provide.

Debra

Hi Lyn! I sent my e-mail to your e-mail.

My brother just called and he is over the moon with Pinto the Fool! He went right to a tarot web site for the meaning. He especially loves that Pinto has his own little chihuahua in the card! And he wants a deck for Pinto's foster mom, too. Anyway, he said "i'm gonna print out the card!" and I told him, "Wait." So you read his mind!

tarotlyn

I might be able to dig out the names of a few chihuahua rescues that are reputable.
Both of my dogs came from bad situations - one a shelter, where he would have certainly been put to sleep, and the other was bounced around from owner to owner to owner till I took him in.

In the past decade, especially since some celebrities started carrying chi's around like fashion accessories, there has been a flood of chihuahuas into the shelters. Reason being, OMG, they are actually DOGS!!! They need to be taken care of, not stuffed in a shoe box after you "take them off". Another problem, and reason why these dogs wind up being given up or dumped, is because they are:

1.) considerably difficult to housetrain. Especially the males. They all have that little man syndrome, and feel the need to mark everything with their urine to prove that they are indeed, the "MAN". And, small dog = small bladder. 2 sips of water and they gotta go.

2.) breeders not caring who buys their pups, or buyers not educating themselves on the breed before they buy. Chihuahuas, though not ALL of them, can be nervous little dogs. They tend to do better in quiet homes without small or noisy kids. In a stressful environment, their bad traits can come out more readily - nipping, biting, peeing in corners, etc. Breeders should be careful who they sell to, and people should learn about the type of dog that will do best in the environment they can provide.

Wow...Thank you :heart: Bhavana, for that information...I didn't realize that it had gotten that bad through the years! :(

Well, then this will definitely be a 100% proceeds going to help rescue mistreated Chihuahua's.
I will have to go back to the 1st post in this thread and announce that fact (for new people that will join us.)

And, like the bear deck, I will be adding a card with the links to the Chi rescues as well.
So, please do, dig out those Chi rescue contacts for me. I just can't stop being a humanitarian!!!
Now I am in donation overdrive! LOL and it feels SO GOOD!

Now I know why Taco wears diapers around here! LOL...well, not exactly diapers...they are
called 'belly bands' and you can get them on ebay...they work really well too. I just cut a
'light days' pad in half and stick it on the belly band. He actually likes wearing his. I tried him
without them to see if he was going to be good, but he cried and wanted it back on! Go figure :laugh:
He used to be trained perfectly, but when late hubby's dog (TigerBoy) passed, Taco started
marking then...probably because he realized that he would then have to be the 'big man' ...
(LOL he is only about 3-4 pounds Ha Ha)...he is such a little love though.

..anyway, thanks again for such good information on the Chi's :heart:

Hi Lyn! I sent my e-mail to your e-mail.

My brother just called and he is over the moon with Pinto the Fool! He went right to a tarot web site for the meaning. He especially loves that Pinto has his own little chihuahua in the card! And he wants a deck for Pinto's foster mom, too. Anyway, he said "i'm gonna print out the card!" and I told him, "Wait." So you read his mind!
:heart: Debra, I got your email and I have sent the larger 'Pinto' card to you. It is 2 megabytes so
I hope it will get through your email service! When (if) you get it okay, please let me know
if it looks okay to you in that large of a size?

And if you can't get that large of an image through your email service, let me know and
I will upload it to a web site...but that is more involved of course.

:heart: HUGS for Pinto for being such a good model and a good sport!
See he is smarter than you think! ;)

Lyn