Deck of the Month Study Group??

AJ

Thanks Mi-Shell, that is what I figured.

I think most of us have one of these, whether we recognize it as such.
Made up of things tucked in envelopes, set on windowsills, in the pocket of a purse...

Onyx

September is here and I have decided to work with the Kipper cards. This is new system for me and I am starting to take to it. I have not found a deck with images that I am over fond of but they Mystical is doing the job and the German version is okay but I don't read German so it is a bit of an extra step to interpret the card image by the picture.

It is a different feel in the card system but I am starting to get the hand on it. I am thinking that I might like it in the long run. I am not going to lie. If Ciro can get a deck together then I think I will find something that will work for me. This has been a success for me this month and I am happy about that.

However I have just learned that I have to travel for work in the next couple of weeks. I am thinking that as I go I am going to take my Rune set. A couple of years ago when I had to travel for work I took the set and found that it was a nice companion.

2dogs

I spent an hour on a train yesterday experimenting with iPod random shuffle. Questions about its usefulness as an Oracle got nowhere, but I noticed the song titles and lyrics were resonating with what was going on around me, what I was thinking, and current events, with a possible message that it all covered a 24 hour period. In general it seemed to be pointing things out, commenting and stimulating ideas, more like having a conversation with someone, and definitely made my journey more interesting. At the end it threw up a German title meaning something like "I form a mirror" :cool3:.

Onyx

I spent an hour on a train yesterday experimenting with iPod random shuffle. Questions about its usefulness as an Oracle got nowhere, but I noticed the song titles and lyrics were resonating with what was going on around me, what I was thinking, and current events, with a possible message that it all covered a 24 hour period. In general it seemed to be pointing things out, commenting and stimulating ideas, more like having a conversation with someone, and definitely made my journey more interesting. At the end it threw up a German title meaning something like "I form a mirror" :cool3:.

I have never really had any luck with readings with an oracle to see if it is useful. I have tried and I have done introductory spreads, casts or throws that have been mildly helpful. Still there is something, I don't know if it is insulting to an oracle or an orale's source to question if it will work or be useful. I also understand what I am going to say is almost utterly ridiculous but I imagine what it would be like for my boss or someone asked me "Are able to do your job?"

I can only use the oracle and see if it works. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I have some that I can use for myself and others that will only "work" if I am reading for someone else.

So I have to use it and see. I would love if any and every oracle worked with me but I have learned this year that is not the case.

I do love the idea of the ipod shuffle reading. I think that music has a connection to both my personal rhythms and the greater universe. It is interesting how that worked out. I will have to give it a try sometime.

Onyx.

Onyx

The month of October is here and I have moved on to the Halloween Oracle.

I have been pretty sure that I will be doing at least draws for the month. I also would like to try and figure out how it will read for others.

I have questions about the images and the keywords on some of the cards. There is a definite dark deck feel to the oracle but there is some study that I want to do with the deck. I think that there are some cards that I may be reinterpreting.

There are so many great images and symbols that open up a realm of possibilities.

Onyx.

Onyx

Okay,

I may never use the Halloween Oracle for readings for others but I am a fan after using it a couple of days. I like the art and the concepts in the deck are a bit compelling at this time of year. Now I think that will pass as soon as we get through October but for the month it is serving as a good meditation/contemplation deck.

Onyx.

Onyx

Still loving the Halloween oracle but not so much as an oracle deck but more as an exploration of the season and what it means to me.

With this in mind I have spiced it up with daily draws from the Ghost and Spirit Tarot and I have pulled out my Wicked Sybl deck from Melissa Hill that is a creepy take on the Lenormand. I am doing a couple of readings with that and these seem to really round out the month.

Still I am in a bit of trouble trying to figure out which deck I need to order for next months Sibilia study. Anyone can point me in the right direction. Earlier in the year I thought i had it but I put it off and now I am not so certain.

Onyx.

Mi-Shell

Nice to hear about your explorations, Onyx.
I however right now am not "orakeling" :(
The Dream Raven Tarot arrived in the mail at the beginning of the month and - I am enjoying that.
Next month however, I hope the Celtic Shaman's Pack, that I ordered will be here and I am looking forward to spend time with that.

Onyx

I do not have either and looking at where I could get a copy and while it probably doesn't make that much of a difference since we are all doing basically an independent study.

Looking on Amazon.com I see that it looks like most of them are out of stock. I am thinking about checking with llwellyn.com to see if they have any copies though it would be more, or maybe on eBay.

If I don't track down a copy then I might just spend the month focused on the Lenormand.

Onyx.

Mi-Shell

I do not have either and looking at where I could get a copy and while it probably doesn't make that much of a difference since we are all doing basically an independent study.

Looking on Amazon.com I see that it looks like most of them are out of stock. I am thinking about checking with llwellyn.com to see if they have any copies though it would be more, or maybe on eBay.

If I don't track down a copy then I might just spend the month focused on the Lenormand.

Onyx.

Onyx, it is to be gotten here:
It is a VERY special deck!!
http://www.bookdepository.com/Celtic-Shamans-Pack-2015-John-Matthews/9781859063934