Rackham By Duck Soup

wens_a

I got my giant-sized one in the mail today, and I love it. More room to see the artwork! I got the B back. The first card I pulled was 'Misled', which I find very amusing! Beautiful work, Freder.

Lilyfae

I ordered the regular size with the faery backs. Rackham is my favorite old time illustrator so I just had to have it.

banbha

I just received my giant sized deck with the "C" back (branches). It was between that one and the bats; but the branches won out. The image is a little bit darker than depicted on the site (at least with my screen) and that suits me fine. The only thing that concerned me is that it would be too bright.

The deck is gorgeous, sumptuous, and I can't wait till I have time to really explore it. My first card draw was Catalyst: Agent of Transmutation. And that is uncanny. :)

decan

This deck looks like really amazing, and the jumbo size must be great I think; I looked at it on Duck Soup Website today and I was very very tempted. Well, however the VAT tax is a kind of brake for me of course!
I like very much the Art and the atmosphere in this deck, it is an unconventional oracle, captivating or haunting in some ways.

Nevertheless I noticed that it is a bit dark, I mean that a lot of cards have a negative meanings and I am a bit afraid to be a bit disappointed with regard to readings.
For those one who have this deck, how is it in readings, does it stress the negative or is it a bit "doom and gloom", or does it give discouraging readings for this reason?

AnemoneRosie

I don't find it to be particularly discouraging; I use larger spreads such as the CC to give it more opportunity to shine.
However, I find that my clients only seem to select it when they're really going through tough things, so it is particularly pertinent to their lives and able to reflect what they're going through.

decan

I don't find it to be particularly discouraging; I use larger spreads such as the CC to give it more opportunity to shine.
However, I find that my clients only seem to select it when they're really going through tough things, so it is particularly pertinent to their lives and able to reflect what they're going through.
Thanks AnemoneRosie for your post!
It helps me to have a more balanced perspective with regard to this deck; in any case this Oracle will be on my wishlist!