How to be more satisfied with life - spread

Saskia

Hi all, I've been pondering about how to be happier in circumstances that are not quite ideal - I don't mean real big issues, but small annoyances, like a boring job.

Here's what I wrote about the topic and here's a spread I made to find more happiness in life. It's inspired by Where To Find Joy by Paulina Cassidy, and by Serenity Prayer spreads published here on AT, combined with a couple of extra questions. No positions. It seemed to work well for me, any feedback welcome!

How to be more satisfied with life?

1. What I think would make me happy but in reality, wouldn't?
2. What really makes me happy?
3. How to obtain happiness within my current situation?
4. What to change to have more happiness?
5. What to accept (can't change right now)?
6. What should be my short term goal in finding happiness?
7. What should be my long term goal in finding happiness?
8. What is the most urgent thing to do for better well-being?

Enlightenment23

Uncanny...I was just about to go through the Tarot Spreads archive to look for something JUST like this! I needed a spread that could help me figure out what are the ingredients needed to create happiness within. This is literally perfect. Just what the doctor ordered. Keep it up, Saskia! Love your spreads.

Saskia

Thank you E, nice to know that these are of benefit (and entertainment) for others, too!

Amsonia

I think I'll try this...I really enjoyed reading your blog post too. Cheers!

Saskia

Thank you Amsonia!

Esk

Thank you for sharing another interesting spread Saskia :)
I've tried it and I admit it is insightful and not really what I expected to see. I thought the cards would be about love or career but it's mostly about me, introspection and inner changes. And funny thing, you speak about the 10 of wands in your blogpost and I had this card in the third position .

But something bothers me in my reading. Is it possible that one card has nothing to do with the rest of the reading? I had the emperor as "what to accept" and this card is stalking me lately for someone who has control issues and wants to do things according to his decisions. Could it mean that I have to accept that i can't change him (which is something I'm trying to do because some of his choices make both of us miserable). It's the very first idea I had with this card and I have a hard time thinking about something else. But it seems a bit apart from the other cards. Is the emperor more likely about me, like the rest of the reading? What do you think?

Saskia

But something bothers me in my reading. Is it possible that one card has nothing to do with the rest of the reading? I had the emperor as "what to accept" and this card is stalking me lately for someone who has control issues and wants to do things according to his decisions.

Hi Esk, thanks for the feedback! Hmm, I think that the card came up for a reason, but it can mean a number of things. Yes, it could be that you can't change this particular person's behaviour, because he is who he is. You need to find another way to tolerate/deal with him, if you can't change him.

Or, it can mean that some things in your life are permanent (say, the home or city you live in) and if you've been toying with the idea of changing the structure of your life drastically, that's not the way to go.

Or, it could be about accepting your own rational mind as the force that controls your life: the Emperor is about logic, structure, manmade instead of organic, intuitive, flowing (as the Empress). If you post your reading in the My Readings - or Using Tarot Cards - section, I can take a proper look in relation to other cards :)

Esk

Thank you for answering and sorry for the delay, I wanted to think about it before replying

Or, it could be about accepting your own rational mind as the force that controls your life: the Emperor is about logic, structure, manmade instead of organic, intuitive, flowing (as the Empress). If you post your reading in the My Readings - or Using Tarot Cards - section, I can take a proper look in relation to other cards :)

This is very interesting and could fit with the situation. I don't want to post the whole reading because there is some private things that I don't want to share. But this interpretation is in tune with the rest of the reading. You mention the Empress and interestingly I also drew this card.
Anyway, I don't like the emperor but I think there is something in him that I have to accept because he is also a part of me. You've helped me realize it. This card can be about another person but it is also probably about me
Thanks for your help, and I really like this spread :)

Saskia

I'm happy to hear it helped, Esk! Great :)