Looking for a new deck...any suggestions?

QueenOfTemperance

Hey everyone!
So, I'm looking to pick your brains a bit here. I absolutely love my Mucha deck but lately, it has been really bothering me that the backs are not reversible. I figured since I've been reading with this deck for a few years now it might be time to branch out and look into purchasing a new deck. Well, I've combed the web and haven't found anything that I like. I'm looking for something that is reversible but also doesn't list the names of the Major Arcana cards, which is something I really love about my Mucha deck. I focus on numerology and imagery a lot in my readings and find the names on the cards slightly distracting.

Do any of you know of any decks that fit these criteria? I feel like I've looked at every deck under the sun and I'm just not feeling any connections. Any help would be appreciated :)

RiverRunsDeep

How about the Romantic Tarot? It has numbers on the cards, but no titles. Plus, reversible backs.

RiverRunsDeep

Or maybe Deck of the Bastard. You can choose untitled borders, plus a customized card back that is reversible.

EmpyreanKnight

You might want to check out the Golden Universal Tarot. It's reversible with no written words, only symbols and numerals in gold foil stamped on the top and bottom black borders.

QueenOfTemperance

Thank you so much for your suggestions RiverRunsDeep and EmpyreanKnight.

I had heard of the Deck of the Bastard, but didn't pay much attention to it until you mentioned here. Gorgeous and right up my alley!! I love the option to customize the back. Thank you so much! Great choices.

I LOVE the Golden Universal Tarot. I actually do not own a copy of the original RWS deck, so this is so tempting for me. Thanks again! Now I have some shopping to do :D

delinfrey

Lo Scarabeo I think doesn't add titles to their cards any more.
So I would recommend Klimt (pocket is definitely titleless) or Ceccoli.

But. Have you considered trimming? That would eliminate your worries regarding this.

nisaba

What is a "reversible" back? Is it a back that has no vertical-symmetry so that you can sort it easily when some of the cards are reversed, or is it a deck with vertical-symmetry, making it impossible to tell when the cards are reversed?

Dee Ell

What is a "reversible" back? Is it a back that has no vertical-symmetry so that you can sort it easily when some of the cards are reversed, or is it a deck with vertical-symmetry, making it impossible to tell when the cards are reversed?

Reversible means you can't tell if a card is upside down or not when you look at the backs.

nisaba

See, I *like* to be able to tell. So I'd probably be more comfortable reversing cards in a deck where you can tell. :)