Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Spiffo

I note that all, save the Courts, are complete.
The Colores Arcus is so very close.
As an aside every time I post a pic on FB there is rapturous and desirous interest.

I'm cheering from the sidelines MMM.

DavidMcCann

I was considering this, but the cost puts me off. $44 for the cards is reasonable, but the postage charge to Europe of $33 is frankly a rip-off. Add to that the VAT and the fee charged by the PO to collect it, and we have a bill of about $105! And I'd have to go to the sorting office to collect the cards and pay the tax.

Paypal offer a service where they collect tax in advance, so the item is delivered and the charge is much less. Why do so few US vendors use it? Alternatively, why can't they make it available from a European shop like Alida?

The EU has a population comparable to that of the USA (without all those fundamentalists who think tarot is satanic) so by making it such a nuisance for us to buy, vendors are depriving themselves of half their potential customers.

Spiffo

I was considering this, but the cost puts me off. $44 for the cards is reasonable, but the postage charge to Europe of $33 is frankly a rip-off. Add to that the VAT and the fee charged by the PO to collect it, and we have a bill of about $105! And I'd have to go to the sorting office to collect the cards and pay the tax.

Paypal offer a service where they collect tax in advance, so the item is delivered and the charge is much less. Why do so few US vendors use it? Alternatively, why can't they make it available from a European shop like Alida?

The EU has a population comparable to that of the USA (without all those fundamentalists who think tarot is satanic) so by making it such a nuisance for us to buy, vendors are depriving themselves of half their potential customers.

You can hardly blame a self publisher for the taxation laws of the U.K./EU, or postal charges. Postal charges to Australia are extreme and routinely double the cost of any purchase from the northern hemisphere... such is life. Buy and pay, or buy not. I certainly don't expect an artisan/independent deck creator to jump through hoops so I can save a few dollars on postal/tax charges. Many of these independent deck producers are creating such limited quantities that to work through finding stockists in different countries and then deal with all the commercial negotiations is ludicrous.

If you want the deck get a friend in the US to buy it for you, wrap it as a gift, and then send it sea mail.

Barleywine

The 78-card colored version is at the top of my "must have" list. I haven't anticipated a new deck this much in a long time.

Spiffo

The 78-card colored version is at the top of my "must have" list. I haven't anticipated a new deck this much in a long time.

Oh I so agree with you ... It will only be a few more weeks until the Kickstarter begins. The TM has become my absolute favourite deck.

Zephyros

Can not wait !

Me neither. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will say that this deck isn't only good but also very important in its treatment of the material.

aquestionmark

The Tabula Mundi website says there's only one card left to go!! YAY!

Babalon Jones

I finished the last card yesterday. Miss Malkuth of Malkuth, my namesake. :angel:

Would've posted her late last night but have not been able to get on the forum. It was down every time I tried. I tried a lot too! Weird.

For the best though, as now instead of a quick snapshot you can see her in all her glory with title and border as I did that process to the courts all day today and just finished. She is at the bottom of the page but I put a few more courts on there for now just so you get an idea of how they came out.

I can't decide yet what to put up on the site though. Post some, post all but with watermarks (ick), post most, post few, post none until they come out so there will be the fun of seeing for the first time...

So for now, here are some courts to see. And the 78 are finally done. Still have card backs and extra cards to make but hey, 78 cards! Years of obsession :livelong:

http://www.tabulamundi.com/impossible-reinheitsgebot-astronaut-day/