Something Something Coltan Tarot

Milo Keen

Coltan Crown Tarot

Hello AT foums :)

I've undertaken the immense challenge of putting together a tarot deck this year! I'm not sure what to call it, though I do want "Coltan" in the name.

Here are the cards I've done already:

tumblr_njbrneuuQJ1rlq11go1_1280.jpg

tumblr_njbbxyDACt1rlq11go2_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_nj9yggE53x1rlq11go1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nj9yggE53x1rlq11go2_1280.jpg

I've changed some things around, as you can see. Books = cups, cords = swords, knives = wands. I'm expecting the coins/pentacles suit to be replaced by Minerals, though I'm still not 100% on that as there may be a better symbol that I just haven't thought up yet.

wooden-eye

I like your style.
Are we talking 'chin-deep like Tantalus?' Or modern mineral Congo Coltan?
..... or something else?

Alta

Very modern, interesting style. That Ace of swords is positively threatening!

Laura Borealis

I like your style very much.

Your Strength is great - makes me think of veterans actually - kind of reminds me of my dad (though he didn't have a beard or tattoos). It also feels like a blend with the Hermit.

Milo Keen

I like your style.
Are we talking 'chin-deep like Tantalus?' Or modern mineral Congo Coltan?
..... or something else?

Congo Coltan. I want to name the mineral that makes our modern life possible without making any obvious references to technology. Leaning toward "___ and Coltan Tarot", so that I can put something else there that references the occult too. I'm hoping a name will become apparent as I work more on it...

Very modern, interesting style. That Ace of swords is positively threatening!

Thank you!

I like your style very much.

Your Strength is great - makes me think of veterans actually - kind of reminds me of my dad (though he didn't have a beard or tattoos). It also feels like a blend with the Hermit.

Thanks. The image of the dainty young woman just doesn't resonate with me at all as an image of physical frailty. If innocence isn't an important part of the imagery, why not just make the figure elderly? I really do like your interpretation of it. More to think on when I go to work on the Hermit too. :y

thefourrealms

I really like the look of these.

Chronata

I really like those. Cool style.

But every time I see Knives...I'm gonna be thinking "swords" and not "wands"

But that's just me...hard to get away from pointy thing as a sword card.

Amunet

I love it so far!

Milo Keen

I really like those. Cool style.

But every time I see Knives...I'm gonna be thinking "swords" and not "wands"

But that's just me...hard to get away from pointy thing as a sword card.

I know, I know. ;)

I could never get "wands = fire" to stick in my brain, so I just what came intuitively. And as a cook, well... knives and fire definitely go together~