Build a Bridge Spread (from Rowan Tarot)

oneirich

1*2*3

The Build a Bridge Spread can be used for any sort of situation where you want to connect the dots:

* A love relationship
* A career goal
* School
* Weight loss goals
* Fears and phobias
* Procrastination issues

Here's how to use it.

1. Look through the tarot deck or oracle deck and select a card that you feel represents your current situation. Place it on the table.

2. Look through the deck again and select a tarot or oracle card that best represents the desired outcome of the situation. Place it on the table, leaving a gap between it and card 1.

3. The last card is the key and there are two variations to find it:

Variation 1 - Shuffle the deck, cut and draw a card. Place this card on the table between cards 1 and 2. This is your bridge.

Variation 2 - After selecting card 2, put it back in the deck and shuffle thoroughly. Then go through the deck looking for card 2. The card immediately after card 2 is card 3. Take the cards out and place them on the table.

I hope this spread is useful to you in building bridges to your goals and dreams!

source: http://rowantarot.blogspot.com/2014/08/share-spread-sunday-build-bridge-spread.html

renegade.urban.lotus

Ahhhhhhh, weird thing!

I did this spread just now for myself, focusing on a serious problem that I've been dealing with for months. It's a personal issue that I feel I know precisely how to solve, but I've been failing all this time because I am not consistent and not following through, hard as I seem to try. It's causing me increasing stress.

Card 1: 8 of Swords
Card 2: The World (I want to be finished with this lesson -- I want to be over this issue, triumphant at having solved it and laid it to rest for good.)
Card 3: ...... I chose variation 2, which was to stick card 2 back in the deck, shuffle thoroughly, then go back through the deck looking for card 2, with card 3 being directly after. Aaaaaaaaand..... The World was the last card. There WAS no card 3.

Bit of a shock. Does that mean that there is no solution? That my desired outcome is completely out of the question? This seems odd to me because in the past (though, I must admit, I am a novice), the tarot has at least provided me with options.

Thoughts?

thirdlibra

Ahhhhhhh, weird thing!

I did this spread just now for myself, focusing on a serious problem that I've been dealing with for months. It's a personal issue that I feel I know precisely how to solve, but I've been failing all this time because I am not consistent and not following through, hard as I seem to try. It's causing me increasing stress.

Card 1: 8 of Swords
Card 2: The World (I want to be finished with this lesson -- I want to be over this issue, triumphant at having solved it and laid it to rest for good.)
Card 3: ...... I chose variation 2, which was to stick card 2 back in the deck, shuffle thoroughly, then go back through the deck looking for card 2, with card 3 being directly after. Aaaaaaaaand..... The World was the last card. There WAS no card 3.

Bit of a shock. Does that mean that there is no solution? That my desired outcome is completely out of the question? This seems odd to me because in the past (though, I must admit, I am a novice), the tarot has at least provided me with options.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I'd assume that The World isn't the card that best represents the outcome. I'd try selecting a card more directly related to the desired outcome, rather than a general "over with it" and see what comes of it.

Hemera

moderator note

Just a reminder. Please post readings to Your Readings. (You can always link them here if you want).
This sub forum is just for Tarot Spreads. Here are our Tarot Spreads Posting Guidelines

Having said this, I think this is a really cool spread. :)
renegade.urban.lotus said:
The World was the last card. There WAS no card 3.
Wow. Well, how about starting from the beginning of the deck again and taking the first card as "card 3"? Would that have worked?
(Although thirdlibra is probably right in that the World is a very general card for this purpose.)

renegade.urban.lotus

Thank you very much, you two, for your suggestions!

I tried again with a more specific "desired outcome" card and then was able to reach card 3 with no problems.

Much appreciated.

And thanks, Hemera, for the clarification about the proper sub-forum for readings! Will post in the the correct place next time. : )

Carla

Thanks for sharing my spread and linking back to me. I'm glad people are finding it useful! :D

oneirich

Thanks for sharing my spread and linking back to me. I'm glad people are finding it useful! :D

You're welcome and thanks for the blog posts, I enjoy reading it! :)

Lady Lenore

Oooh, I absolutely love this spread! I can't wait to try it out. Thank you for sharing it!