Dusty White online course

painty

Hi

Has anybody paid for or used Dusty White's online course at all? He has actually stopped taking on 'live' students now and only offers the videos for $10 a week (after $1 trial month). Was wondering if anyone had had any experience with these at all or could recommend any other online courses. Am currently reading Dusty's easiest way to the learn the tarot book. I know the bulk of any tarot learning is practice, practice, practice but am looking for any books or courses to compliment that.

Thanks

Aunty Anthea

Hi

Has anybody paid for or used Dusty White's online course at all? He has actually stopped taking on 'live' students now and only offers the videos for $10 a week (after $1 trial month). Was wondering if anyone had had any experience with these at all or could recommend any other online courses. Am currently reading Dusty's easiest way to the learn the tarot book. I know the bulk of any tarot learning is practice, practice, practice but am looking for any books or courses to compliment that.

Thanks

Hello Painty

I see you use both morgan greer and druidcraft

After studying the lovely, and in my mind rather oversized, druidcraft book, I suggest you buy yourself a Rider Waite's deck because the druidcraft is loosely based on it

In fact you will find that a great many decks are based on Rider Waite and if you learn that first, you will be able to read many other decks

I suggest you put your druidcraft and morgan greer aside and concentrate on Rider Waite

I love druidcraft :love: and you can always go back to it but it is NOT a starter deck

There are far too many books out there. You could spend a fortune and forget 80% of what you learn.

All you need are the very basic meanings, then study the cards and think what they mean to you. Get a feel for the cards and let them talk to you. Do not rush it just relax and enjoy :love:

painty

Hello Painty

I see you use both morgan greer and druidcraft

After studying the lovely, and in my mind rather oversized, druidcraft book, I suggest you buy yourself a Rider Waite's deck because the druidcraft is loosely based on it

In fact you will find that a great many decks are based on Rider Waite and if you learn that first, you will be able to read many other decks

I suggest you put your druidcraft and morgan greer aside and concentrate on Rider Waite

I love druidcraft :love: and you can always go back to it but it is NOT a starter deck

There are far too many books out there. You could spend a fortune and forget 80% of what you learn.

All you need are the very basic meanings, then study the cards and think what they mean to you. Get a feel for the cards and let them talk to you. Do not rush it just relax and enjoy :love:

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I hadn't updated my profile properly! I am actually learning with the Rider Waite after purchasing it as my first deck a number of years ago before buying the morgan greer (due to the nicer artwork). I then stopped learning the tarot for a number of years but have now returned to learn and study properly. I bought the Druidcraft because of the beautiful artwork which drew me to it but I totally agree that the Rider Waite seems to be one of the best, if not the best deck to learn with. I am really enjoying learning the meanings of the cards and practicing my 3 card draws (haven't felt ready for the celtic cross or roundabout yet!). I was just looking for anything that would compliment my practice and reading - I am just really hungry to learn!

Thank you

MissChiff

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, I hadn't updated my profile properly! I am actually learning with the Rider Waite after purchasing it as my first deck a number of years ago before buying the morgan greer (due to the nicer artwork). I then stopped learning the tarot for a number of years but have now returned to learn and study properly. I bought the Druidcraft because of the beautiful artwork which drew me to it but I totally agree that the Rider Waite seems to be one of the best, if not the best deck to learn with. I am really enjoying learning the meanings of the cards and practicing my 3 card draws (haven't felt ready for the celtic cross or roundabout yet!). I was just looking for anything that would compliment my practice and reading - I am just really hungry to learn!

Thank you

The Druidcraft and Morgan Greer are great to learn from you really should have no problems just have fun and enjoy....

painty

The Druidcraft and Morgan Greer are great to learn from you really should have no problems just have fun and enjoy....

Thank you. I am really enjoying learning. I do still prefer the art on the morgan greer and definitely the druidcraft and will return to them. I think because the rider waite is soooo popular it is referenced everywhere so I find a lot more resources are available specifically for that art / deck.
I really have the bug at the minute and just want to spend all my time practicing and learning! :)