The Soulmate Spread

mary_leo

Hi guys, I'm resposting the right way now, please let me know what you think about this spread. I personally got really surprised with the results and I have never seen any spread like this.

It is called The Soulmate Spread by Lisa Eddy.

1. The first thing you need to do is to find 2 significator cards. One is a Court Card that you think best represent you and the other card is a Major Arcana Soul Card (Soul Card: Method used was described by Mary K. Greer. I was born in August, 10th 1977 - 1+8+1+9+7+7=33/6 ---> My Soul Card is The Lovers).
The reason for choosing two significators is that they carry different meanings. If the Court Card surfaces in the ‘love pile’ then you will be in a relationship with someone that you do not have a karmic/past life connection with. If the Major Arcana card surfaces first, then it will be with someone from your soul group. Whether or not this is someone you have already met in this lifetime is decided by the Ace (someone new) or 6 of Cups (someone you already know).

2. Shuffle the cards normally, thinking about meeting your soulmate or the love of your life, and you cut it in 3 equal piles and turn the piles over and pick the pile with the highest ranking card. If there is a ‘tie,’ number-wise, the Elements decide and rank in order from low to high: Fire – Water – Air – Earth. Let’s say you find the 3 of Pentacles, the 6 of Swords and the 6 of Pentacles… The pile with the 6 of Pentacles is the one you would choose. In the picture below, you can see it is pretty straight forward which pile to go for since there is only one Major Arcana (or trump) card and they always outrank the number and court cards.
These three cards also give you a bit of a thematic mini reading of your future love story.

3. Once you have chosen the pile to read from, you search for one of the two significators you chose for yourself. Do make sure that you do not alter the order of the cards while looking through them – simply gently fan them out. If both significators are in the pile, it is only the first one that matters in terms of deciding if this will be a soul group lover or not. In the sample reading below, the Empress Soul Card has been located which indicates that the future lover of this seeker is indeed someone from her soul group.
If you do not find your significator in the pile, you are simply not meant to explore this topic further at this point in time. Wait a few weeks and try again.

4.Now you search for either the 6 or the Ace of Cups. Again, if you cannot find either of these two cards in the pile, you are not meant to read on your future love quite yet. How long you should wait until you try again is up to you, but I recommend waiting at least a couple of weeks. If both are in the pile, the same goes as for the significator card – only the first of them counts toward answering the question.
Remember, these two cards do not answer the question about a past life connection for the purpose of this spread (the significator card does). The Ace of Cups is a new lover and the 6 of Cups is someone you have already met… either an ex, someone in your friendship circle or possibly even a work colleague.

5. The next step is to separate out four cards on either side of the Ace/6 of Cups. If the card is close to the end of the pile, you simply ‘wrap around’ and pick cards from the bottom of the deck to make up for this. You will need a total of nine cards to conduct a reading.
It will look like this:

1 ---- 2 ----- 3
4 ---- A/6 ----- 6
7 ---- 8 ----- 9

Lay the nine cards out in the order they were found, in three rows with three cards each. You will read these cards intuitively. You already have a rough time frame and know if this will be someone old or new, so all the other cards give you extra information about the personality of your future lover and also about under what circumstances you might meet. Do pay attention to any Court Cards as they may give you a clue about your future lover’s Star Sign.
The method used for reading this 9 Square is the story spread method which is an intuitive way of reading the cards. There are no positional meanings and for the purpose of this spread all three rows represent the future. Look at the images and let your imagination guide you. The central theme is always either the Ace or the 6 of Cups. Surrounding cards will fill in the blanks. Write down what you see and don’t worry so much about traditional card meanings.

Personal Experience - I did this spread and I got that I already know my soulmate, it is a soul related relationship. And the cards that form the story in the end of the spread, I intuitively read it as past/present/future and it was like I was reading a love story and I was able to recognize who it was referring to. I used the Mythic Tarot and I really liked this spread.

Please give it a try and share your experience with me!!
Thanks.

CrystalSeas

for the purpose of this spread all three rows represent the future.
<snip>
I intuitively read it as past/present/future

I'm confused.

mary_leo

I think in my case represented the past, present and future. Because I was able to recognize some facts described on the first line of cards as something that had already happened to me in recent past.

Her instructions says that they all relate to the future but I couldn't read it that way.

WolfSwan

Okay I gave it a go but I'm not sure how to read it. It looks like a soul group and past lover. (Mine is Hierophant and that was the 2nd card in the stack).

I got

1 - 5 Pence 2 - Lovers 3 - 8 Pents

4 - 10 Swords 5 (A/6) - 6 Cups 6 - King of Pentacles

7 - 5 Wands 8 - Wheel of Fortune 9 - Page of Swords

So the way this story would read is that in the past there was a love relationship with this person that made me feel lost, dejected abandoned, and was a lot of hard work.

There is presently no communication and things are dead, exhausted with this past lover, - I don't know any Earth signs though, my ex was a Pisces Aries Cusp. King of Pents is no one I know.

In the future there will be some competition, things will change and there will be some communication between us?

Hemera

MODERATOR NOTE

Please no readings in this area.
Take a look at our Tarot Spreads Posting Rules