Significator being the moon in a day chart ?

Sharla

If it's a day chart, and the moons below asc, then if the moon ends up being one of the significators, would you still use the moon as the significator, and look at her aspects etc.....or would the sun replace the moon as the significator?

Or would i use the moon as the significator (if she is one) and also use the sun too, as its a day chart ?

Chanah

You'd still use the moon.

In the daytime, the moon, Venus, and Mars are always out of sect. At night, the sun, Jupiter, and Saturn are out of sect. Mercury is of the day sect when it rises before the sun, of the night sect when it rises after.

Sometimes a significator can tell you something if it's not in sect, but sometimes - it's just a significator. You wouldn't switch anything because of it, though.

Minderwiz

Channah has it perfectly. The sect of a chart makes no difference to the role of the Moon as a significator in horary. It might perform it's general role better in a nocturnal chart depending on where it's placed but it will still be the co-significator for the querent and if the Ascendant falls in Cancer or the house of the quesited has its house cusp on Cancer, it will be one of the major significataors.

Sharla

Yes thanks channah and minderwiz, i've been reading about sects the past couple of days and also with both your replies, i think i'm finally understanding how they work.

So no matter what chart it is day/night you still use the moon as the co-significator, to show you the events or lack of events leading up to the final outcome in regards to your query.

What i know so far regarding sect:

So a diurnal chart being ruled by the moon, where the moon would be below the horizon then the 2 planets mars and venus would serve the moon, and the moon would be the chart ruler. Venus and mars would perform better in the chart below the horizon with the moon, if either one of them are above the horizon with the sun, then this will have a damaging effect on the planet and it won't be able to perform at its best.

This would be vice versa for the sun with the sun ruling planets jupiter and saturn, and jupiter and saturn working better in the upper part above the ac.