Gerd Ziegler's Tarot: Mirror of the Soul

Emily

Hi Astraea,

I did check up on when the Thoth deck was first published and although it was in The Book of Thoth, first published in 1944, the deck itself wasn't published until 1969.
According to the 'Mirror of the Soul' it was photographed and published by a Major Grady L McMurtry who had published The Book of Thoth.
I thought I remembered something about it because at the time I wondered who got all the royalties from the deck if Crowley and Harris were dead.

Astraea

Synchronicity

Yes, Emily, I discovered the same information this weekend, when I purchased the small-sized Crowley deck and read the booklet. The 1940's date I quoted you was from a biography of Crowley, but it was clearly in error. I came here intending to amend my statement to you, and found your post! Thank you very much for meeting me on the same street! :)

Emily

Hi Astraea,

I never thought to look in the LWB lol, I went looking for where I thought I'd read it. Come to think of it, I don't think I've even given the LWB a passing glance - Maybe I should get it back out :)

rom

the gerd ziegler appetizer

This gerd ziegler book is a good entry door to the world of crowley he gives practical information [like a cook book] for you to begin with I owe much to it.
It is also a good book because he leaves you hungry enough to search for more his attitude is open and exploring....
Mybe I like him because we came from the same school [THE OSHO TRANSFORMATION SCHOOL]
I translated it into Hebrew 15 years ago but it never got published....