Can Lenormand cards be used NOT to tell the future?

romanticdreamz

Hi all,

Basically, I bought my first ever oracle deck this week and looking forward to getting into them. (I thought that it may be a good way to increase my intuition having these as well as my Tarot cards.)

The only thing is, the only way I've seen Lernomand cards used on this forum and online is to tell the future. (Of what I've seen anyway.) Which is fine if that's what you want to do, but I prefer not to read the future generally and rarely do so.

Is is possible to use Lernormand cards for other questions such as past and present and for self-reflection? And how do you find these results - are they as good as other decks?

Thanks for the help. I still am excited about using them but now seem a bit unsure.

MareSaturni

I suppose they can. There's nothing that could keep you from using the deck for self-reflection, instead of fortune-telling.

In my experience, the Lenormand cards work better with down-to-earth issues. Still, it doesn't mean you can only use them to read about the future. The nitty-gritty needs some reflection too, doesn't it? ;)

And of course, it works to read about the past and the present too!

Glitterbird

I only have 1 lenormand (Mystical) deck, I find it very useful for intuitive or self reflection readings, I don't really use the lwb. IMO you can use any deck for self reflection. :)

Cerulean

Depends on which set you prefer...

There seems to be so many sets--I found I have to vary my small 32 card sets because I like to use two to five cards and different pictures.

A set with lovely period pictures on a full page, an English or easily translatable keyword, perhaps a playing card reference or a poem--that helps me to be more inspired. But I use cards for creative inspiration and those are my preferences. I also use various sets together or books where I think the art or quotes works with the deck...

I found my 32 card Book of Fate or Destiny cards work with historical period biographies...and am trying to match which historical LeNormands work with them for inspiration...the LeNormand I favor have pictures from 1850 onward...

For instance I use the Lovers Path Tarot with mythology scenes by Kris Waldherr with quotes from Dante's New Life and pictures by Evelyn Paul.

Enjoy your quest!

Cerulean

romanticdreamz

Thanks!

Seems to be the only way of finding out is to try them out! I'm away for the weekend but will hopefully have some time on the train and give them a spin.

I will let you know how I get on. :eek:)

Astraea

Lenormand decks are unexcelled (in my opinion) for prediction, because the information they provide is as straightforward as you need, and as detailed as you like if you feel comfortable letting your intuition into a reading; in addition, they are also wonderful for describing people and motivations (including one's own), opening insight into situations of various kinds, and offering different slants on issues. I find the Lenormand to be very immediate, practical and often literal, whereas tarot tends to be more heavily layered with symbolism. Lenormand and tarot are very complementary, actually, and can even be used together in interesting ways...it's fun and enlightening to experiment.

IheartTarot

romanticdreamz said:
Is is possible to use Lernormand cards for other questions such as past and present and for self-reflection? And how do you find these results - are they as good as other decks?

The Lenormand Study Group forum is probably a better place for this thread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=144

Yes you can definitely use Lenormand for non-predictive readings. It is generally more practical and down-to-earth than Tarot but it can be used for self-reflection too (see some of our monthly exchange readings here).

It all comes down to your intentions and the layout and any positional meanings that you use.

I personally find it difficult to avoid prediction with cards simply because any situation is unfolding in a time sense from past to future (and heck I want to know as much as possible, including where the situation is heading :) ).

A lot of the questions I ask are about things that have happened but I just don't know the details, so it is predicting the outcome in terms of what transpires in my life but not predicting what has actually already happened.

Note that reading Lenormand cards is not as simple as reading oracles like, say, angel cards that are fairly self-explanatory. It is another symbolic language like Tarot that you need to learn and master. (However, you can read anything intuitively including the clouds in the sky.)

Cerulean

Oh example for learning

While I like mix and somewhat matching pictures, perhaps a pocket tarot and similarly small LeNormand reading for your goal would help.

Draw a card or two in a pocket Rider Waite for example and after fguring out the message, pull a LeNormand or oracle card to see if it suggests a contrast or compatible idea...use the one card oracle as the final conclusion, idea pop, or suggestion...once you are comfortable with the oracle card use, you might ease away from the tarot draw altogether.

Hopefully then you will have compiled a list of your own keyword comfort for your oracle deck and it feels good!

Cerulean

romanticdreamz

Thanks for the further replies.

I need to set some time aside to look at these cards properly and then I'll be able to devote some more time to them. The last week has been impossible to truly sit down with them.

Thanks as well for the suggestions and opinions, they've got me more interested in them as well which is a good thing.

GreenMoonBeam

:heart: Grateful thanks for all the informative replies. Doing a wander thro' the forum. What fun.

Kudos to you all for sharing the knowledge

LOVE LIGHT LIVE :heart:

GMB