Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith


 
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
I bought one of each item mentioned - two through different Amazon sellers and one from bookdepository. We'll see what arrives when they get here.
Rodney, under what name did you find it at bookdepository? I can't find anything even close to it there, even including the "von" --which makes me feel like I'm searching for German nobility...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #61
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
Rodney, under what name did you find it at bookdepository? I can't find anything even close to it there, even including the "von" --which makes me feel like I'm searching for German nobility...
http://www.bookdepository.com/TC-Rid...9783038194392?

It has the ISBN you listed from Amazon, which was out of stock when I checked.

Rodney
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #62
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
http://www.bookdepository.com/TC-Rid...9783038194392?

It has the ISBN you listed from Amazon, which was out of stock when I checked.

Rodney
That's right. But it has the name of the edition with the Rosicrucian backs, though. *sigh*
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #63
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

mmm....Flizarraga's right, it has the word "deluxe". That's what I thought was the right deck and I got the Rosicrucian-backed one.

I'm betting that's not it (sorry rodney... I could be wrong)
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #64
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLizarraga View Post
That's right. But it has the name of the edition with the Rosicrucian backs, though. *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
mmm....Flizarraga's right, it has the word "deluxe". That's what I thought was the right deck and I got the Rosicrucian-backed one.

I'm betting that's not it (sorry rodney... I could be wrong)
It'll go into my collection of Rider Waites then.

Rodney
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #65
Tibor's Avatar
Tibor  Tibor is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 597
Tibor 
Citizen

Tibor's Avatar

I received my deck from tarotworld.com. I knew that the cards would have the Rosicrucian backs but what I did not expect was the copyright on the back of the cards which is rather long [(c)1993,2007 Koeningsfurt-Urania Verlag GmbH] and disturbing. It would have been so perfect otherwise. Moreover for some weird reason 35 of the 78 cards have the copyright on the bottom right corner and the rest of the cards have it on the top left corner (not sure what that was about). The colour of the images is perfect, muted and there is no copyright on the front so this somewhat makes up for it. I'm still trying to get used to the copyright on the back. I can't trim these off because the images would not be even on the front. I will try to get used to the copyright on the back although not sure if I will ever be able to (I dunno why they have to make their English editions differently and ruin them like that)

Le Fanu, do you have the copyright on the back of the cards the same way I do?
(Btw I think that the Deluxe edition is the giant cards.)

PS: I ended up trimming mine and while I like the way it turned out it does not riffle shuffle very well due to the trim and the cards not aligning perfectly as a deck I am hoping that the Premium edition (albeit in German) will be really the best of them all.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #66
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar
Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring


Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
It'll go into my collection of Rider Waites then.

Rodney
like mine did!
And Yes, Tibor, mines the giant version with the long copyrights on the backs.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #67
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

Got an email from one of the sellers concerned that I'd mistakenly ordered the wrong thing cause it's in German and wanting me to confirm that's what I meant to order. While I appreciate the thought, at this point in my tarot journey, it doesn't matter to me what language the titles of a Rider Waite are in cause I don't pay attention to them anyway. The images are so ingrained in my brain that titles are completely unnecessary with that deck! So it's back to being on its way to me.

Rodney
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #68
Tibor's Avatar
Tibor  Tibor is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 597
Tibor 
Citizen

Tibor's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
Got an email from one of the sellers concerned that I'd mistakenly ordered the wrong thing cause it's in German and wanting me to confirm that's what I meant to order. While I appreciate the thought, at this point in my tarot journey, it doesn't matter to me what language the titles of a Rider Waite are in cause I don't pay attention to them anyway. The images are so ingrained in my brain that titles are completely unnecessary with that deck! So it's back to being on its way to me.

Rodney
....meanwhile my deck got lost in transit. It was just confirmed to me by Amazon uk needless to say that I had to reorder it but this time I selected one day delivery for an additional (5.99) I wish I had signed up for Prime. Anyway I should finally receive it tomorrow.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #69
rwcarter's Avatar
rwcarter  rwcarter is offline
student of tarot
 
Join Date: 12 Aug 2007
Location: California, USA
Posts: 15,843
rwcarter 
student of tarot

rwcarter's Avatar

I did get the version with the Rosicrucian backs. Card stock feels a little thin. The cards were ordered weirdly though. All the Minor suits were ranked Ace, Queen, King, Knight, Page. The Swords were ordered 10 down to 2 but the other suits were ordered 2 up to 10.

So, yes, it'll get added to my collection of RWS decks.

Rodney
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #70


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.