Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Rider-Waite-Smith


 
Tibor's Avatar
Tibor  Tibor is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 597
Tibor 
Citizen

Tibor's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter View Post
I did get the version with the Rosicrucian backs. Card stock feels a little thin. The cards were ordered weirdly though. All the Minor suits were ranked Ace, Queen, King, Knight, Page. The Swords were ordered 10 down to 2 but the other suits were ordered 2 up to 10.

So, yes, it'll get added to my collection of RWS decks.

Rodney
Yes my cards were ordered the same way. The copyright on the back of the cards irritates me more than any other copyright I have ever seen to the point that it actually makes me not want to use them at all but that's ok because....

....the premium German edition arrived today and I was extremely pleased with it. It's the perfect RWS deck in every single way. The German titles on the cards don't bother me at all, however I wish I could understand what is written in the LWB as it seems to be quite informative.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #71
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

And does it have cracklebacks (That's the one I've ordered, but I won't see it for a month !)

ETA Oh great, though - I do read German.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #72
Tibor's Avatar
Tibor  Tibor is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 597
Tibor 
Citizen

Tibor's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
And does it have cracklebacks (That's the one I've ordered, but I won't see it for a month !)

ETA Oh great, though - I do read German.
Yes it does although they are non-reversible but subtle. I love this deck so much. If I could just have one RWS deck then it would be this (although I would also keep my German Jubilee edition that is gilded and comes in a wooden box.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #73
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

what is this crackle-backed version exactly? The fronts I mean. Is it a proven Pam A or B or C or D ?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #74
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibor View Post
Yes it does although they are non-reversible but subtle. I love this deck so much. If I could just have one RWS deck then it would be this (although I would also keep my German Jubilee edition that is gilded and comes in wooden box.
Oh yes - that one is lovely, too.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #75
Abrac  Abrac is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 4,466
Abrac 
Citizen

Based on CharlotteK's Pic, it looks like an A, based on Pamela's monogram. It's either a D, which seems virtually impossible; or an A - Rose and Lily back, which seems unlikely as well. Most likely an A with dried mud backs.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #76
Tibor's Avatar
Tibor  Tibor is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 26 Mar 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 597
Tibor 
Citizen

Tibor's Avatar

Oh I received my pocket premium version It's also lovely, however my only gripe is that IMO the white borders around the card images are a bit too big (disproportionately so). I think the Smith-Waite in the tin has thinner borders which is why I like it although it does feel like a completely different deck with the usual copyright...
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #77
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrac View Post
Based on CharlotteK's Pic, it looks like an A, based on Pamela's monogram. It's either a D, which seems virtually impossible; or an A - Rose and Lily back, which seems unlikely as well. Most likely an A with dried mud backs.
Thank you! Really looking forward to seeing what it looks like up close!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #78
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 
Citizen

Le Fanu's Avatar
Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring


Just got mine from German Amazon. It is the crackle backed standard sized one.

It is beautiful. Really. Everything about it is nigh on perfect - although if it had the original Calligraphy titles then it would really be 100% perfect.

Everything else really is beautiful. The reproduction of the images is spectacular. Gently old-looking without looking too forced. The smooth, silky cardstock is gorgeous and those crackle backs are so, so wonderful to have, staring back at me from the reading table. It really is the nearest thing to RWS heaven.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #79
FLizarraga's Avatar
FLizarraga  FLizarraga is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 13 Dec 2013
Location: Here, of course
Posts: 4,048
FLizarraga 
Citizen

FLizarraga's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu View Post
Just got mine from German Amazon. It is the crackle backed standard sized one.

It is beautiful. Really. Everything about it is nigh on perfect - although if it had the original Calligraphy titles then it would really be 100% perfect.

Everything else really is beautiful. The reproduction of the images is spectacular. Gently old-looking without looking too forced. The smooth, silky cardstock is gorgeous and those crackle backs are so, so wonderful to have, staring back at me from the reading table. It really is the nearest thing to RWS heaven.
That is the white box, standard deck, right?
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #80


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.