favorite blue stones?

RavenOfSummer

Me again, starting two new threads in a row :)

I have a rather small collection of stones/crystals, but I have most of the main colors covered. However I recently realized I don't have any blue stones. I'd like to have at least one. The only use I have in mind at the moment is to use it in ritual/meditation for the element of water with 3 other stones for the other elements. Just wondering what are your favorite blue stones or any blue stones you'd recommend?

RiverRunsDeep

Since you are looking for a "water" stone, my first suggestion would be aquamarine. It is a lovely, light blue color and is associated with the ocean and mermaids.

Some additional stones that are a lighter blue include amazonite (one of my personal faves!), blue lace agate, and turquoise. I associate these with the throat chakra, communication, and self expression.

If you are looking for a darker blue stone, you might consider either lapis lazuli or sodalite. Both of these are wonderful for meditation and enhancing intuition.

I hope I have been helpful. :) Good luck with searching for your perfect water stone!

Padma

Myself, I love Labradorite. It is a storm element stone, with a heavy blue sheen on it called Labradoressence. It looks like the Northern Lights. it's extremely protective, calming and strong - and I think everyone should be issued one at birth ;)

It also happens to be an amazing shaman's stone, healer's stone.

There are many websites out there with info on the stone, here is one for example.

http://www.crystalvaults.com/crystal-encyclopedia/labradorite

There was also a crystal study done here at AT with it.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=176983

Calayvie

I LOVE my Blue Lace Agate. Its beautifully calming and healing. I carry it around often and find it very comforting.

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

linnie

Larimar stone is very pretty, and aquamarine is beautiful.. They speak of water! Blue lace agate and blue chalcedony are gentle and soothing, too, but I absolutely love blue kyanite and lapis.. Always have loved those 2 šŸ˜Š

JustJazzie

my sodalite sphere reminds me of a mini "globe" with oceans and clouds.
Lapis lazuli is very easy to find, and sparkly!
Fluorite is a favorite of mine and comes in blue. Its transparent, like water so thats fun!
Blue kyanite is a beautiful light blue/white stone.

Redfaery

Myself, I love Labradorite. It is a storm element stone, with a heavy blue sheen on it called Labradoressence. It looks like the Northern Lights. it's extremely protective, calming and strong - and I think everyone should be issued one at birth ;)

Seconding this. Labradorite is just awesome. I grab some every time I see it. I do believe it's become my favorite. I am strongly in favor of a labradorite for every man, woman, and child. ;)

RavenOfSummer

Thank you all for these wonderful suggestions!! Hmm, I think I am going to have to get several blue stones :) I love the clarity of the aquamarine, the storminess of the labradorite. The lapis lazuli and the sodalite do both feel very "earthy" to me in different ways.

And JustJazzie, I had no idea about the blue fluorite! I have a green fluorite and I do love the transparency of it, will have to add blue to my collection.

JustJazzie

Thank you all for these wonderful suggestions!! Hmm, I think I am going to have to get several blue stones :) I love the clarity of the aquamarine, the storminess of the labradorite. The lapis lazuli and the sodalite do both feel very "earthy" to me in different ways.

And JustJazzie, I had no idea about the blue fluorite! I have a green fluorite and I do love the transparency of it, will have to add blue to my collection.

Labradorite is another favorite of mine!! But strangely- I "feel" its green! LOL

Fluorite is one of the few stones that comes in every color of the rainbow. I think purple, green and clear are most common. But You can find it in yellow, orange, blue and of corse rainbow! Fluorite is such a favorite of mine....But then, I say every stone is a favorite when IM talking about it. :'D

RavenOfSummer

Labradorite is another favorite of mine!! But strangely- I "feel" its green! LOL

Fluorite is one of the few stones that comes in every color of the rainbow. I think purple, green and clear are most common. But You can find it in yellow, orange, blue and of corse rainbow! Fluorite is such a favorite of mine....But then, I say every stone is a favorite when IM talking about it. :'D

Oh how lovely! I love the idea of a rainbow of fluorite :love: