Well..Imma newbie...full of questions

isthmus nekoi

The oppositional axis of Aries/Libra represents a tension b/w a concern w/self and a concern w/others. The planets ruling the signs are Mars/Venus. There's a tension b/w self assertion and balancing one's needs w/others.

punkangelgcm437

**New Question**

How many aspects (trines, sextiles, conjuctions, ect) do people usually have? And the main 5 kinds...Trine, Sextile, Conjuction, Opposition, and Square.

isthmus nekoi

Hi hon! I've never thought of that, I'm afraid I don't have a good answer.
I'm guessing ppl w/major stelliums tend to have less aspects - I have a friend w/6 planets in Libra. Doesn't leave her w/much for her stellium interact w/. Of course, there's tons of conjs w/i the stellium though... Hm.... But w/the 6 planet stellium, the other planets aren't heavily aspected at all. Her sun has no major aspects!

punkangelgcm437

Hiya!
Well..I have 17 major aspects (Trine, Square, Conj, Oppo's and Sextiles)..so...I was wondering if thats alot or a little or in the middle.

Thanks tho!

isthmus nekoi

Had a look at some other charts. I'm no expert, but the range is around 15-23.

punkangelgcm437

HELP!!!

OK, I did a chart for my mom. In the bottom part it shows the aspects...you know trines, ect.

Problem: There are 2 that have the word "Quincunx". What does this mean? Is it favorable? How many degrees apart is it.

isthmus nekoi

quincunx is not one of the major aspects (conj, trine, square, sextile, opposition). It generally indicates a frustration b/w planets b/c they have nothing in common either by element or modality. For an interpretation, I'd focus on the major aspects first.

purplefishy

I'm reviving this thread, because there's a particular transit that astro.com selected for this period, and i'm curious to know what it signifies. Actually there are a couple of them: Jupiter trine Neptune, 19 July - 28 July
Saturn trine Sun, 19 July - 5 Aug

I know that trines are in general good aspects to have, but things have been going so wrong that I am thinking there's something else going on there.

Minderwiz

At the moment you have an awful lot of close transits virtually all within a degree and a half. So there is a lot of things going on.

Most of the aspects are 'easy' but trines do not nescessarily mean good things - they indicate easy flows of energy. Most times this is just what you want, but not always - sometimes it means that things just get worse more quickly.

I'm just about to leave for the weekend but perhaps Isthmus could take a quick look at your chart and see what she thinks.

purplefishy

Actually, I forgot she already did! I'll just go back and try to find that post.