Saturn 2nd house transits

nikki

Hi all --

I am on another private apprenticeship board (modertor by default) and the discussion of late has centered around Saturn 2nd house transits.

In evolutionary astrology, the 2nd house has much to do with personal resources and self-doubt issues, but the question I would appreciate some data on concerns MONEY (or lack thereof) during Saturn transits of the 2nd house.

Since I have Jupiter almost exactly opposite Uranus, my sun's ruler in the 2nd, it is difficult to differentiate Saturn's energy. To me, the monetary difficulties seem to be more related to the opposition to Jupiter rather than the second house conjunction to Uranus which had its own lessons.

SO -- if there are any people out there that have nice empty 2nd and 8th houses (or at least an empty 8th house) and can remember details relating to money during this passage, I would really appreciate some input.

Thanks a bunch.

isthmus nekoi

Hi nikki!

When you say "2nd house conj to Uranus", do you mean, Uran is conj the 2nd house cusp? Also, I'm not sure why you want to differentiate b/w Saturn's energy and the Jupiter/Uran opposition as the natal planets will invariably change and influence the nature of the Saturn transit. Are you trying to determine an overall general interpretation for Saturn in 2nd instead of relating it to your chart?

In any case, to determine what Saturn's transits might bring, see how natal Saturn is placed in your chart. If he is well placed and aspected, his transits will have a different feel than if poorly placed.

nikki

Sorry. I wasn't clear.

I understand perfectly Saturn's 2nd house transit influence in MY chart :)

I am looking for specific data from people in reguards to Saturn's transits through THEIR 2nd houses.

We are looking for a demonstratable, VERY GENERAL view of Saturn in the 2nd house in reguards to "money". In my particular chart, each time Saturn has transited my second house has been a very "money lacking" time. But because as Saturn transits my 2nd house it is apposing my Jupiter, I do not feel it is fair to say that the absence of money is PURELY about the 2nd house transit -- as the opposition to Jupiter is obviously an influence.

Hence my interest in data from people that do not have planets in the 2nd and 8th houses.

Obviously the chart has to be taken as a whole :)

Hope that was clearer.

Thanks.

Minderwiz

The view of Saturn as bringer of financial or property loss does have roots in Astrological tradition, where Saturn is mainly seen as malefic or at the very least challenging. So second house deals with money, Saturn in second equals financially challenged.

However Saturn rules Capricorn, a sign often associated with business and business requires the Saturnine principles of caution, planning and long term vision. It is also fundamentally a constructive undertaking, which again is highly Saturnine.

Personally, I would say that which of the two you get depends on the essential dignity (and indeed accidental dignity) of Saturn in the second House. If the Second is in Capricorn or Aquarius then Saturn will be strong and its good for building a new business or for accumulating resources. Similarly Saturn in Libra (exaltation) or even in Gemini in a day birth will bring dignity and some strength. On the other hand in Cancer or Leo Saturn is debilitated and things are not likely to go to plan.

I don't think you can build general rules simply on houses, whilst ignoring the signs (or on signs while ignoring the houses). Also most people are likely to have some planet or other in the second, which will complicate matters, if you are looking for empirical evidence. You could of course restrict any study to those with empty second houses, but again this will make it difficult to generalise to the majority who have something in there.

Finally I'd go along with Isthmus, how well you are 'tuned in' to Saturn will make a difference as well. If Saturn is stong in your natal chart then you are more likely to be affected by the timings of its transits.

However, to try and be postive as an end note - why not try and differentiate between 'strong' and 'weak' Saturn transits - the financial problems should occur where Saturn is weak, when it transits the second and/or is weak in the natal chart.

isthmus nekoi

Oh, I see!

I'm w/Minderwiz in that the sign Saturn is in will have an influence, so an empty 8th cusped by Cancer (Saturn's detriment) will be different if it is cusped by Libra (Saturn's exaltation).

As for general rules:
Any results from a transiting Saturn (even natives w/an empty 2/8 axis) will be influenced by
- saturn's natal placement
- the placement of house rulers (whether these are advantageous or not..... say we have 2 charts w/an empty 2nd, cusped by Libra, In one, natal Venus is trining Jupiter, in the other, natal Venus squares Uranus. The 1st placement is much more advantageous. Both hypothetical charts have empty 2nd houses cusped by the same sign, but will have very different results from transiting Saturn)
- other important transits or progressions (could strengthen or weaken Saturn's influence)