Matthews' Arthurian Tarot -- Still Used?

Pollux

I have started reading the books *__*

I just finished my post-degree training so, it's been just ten days I'm a full-fledged psychiatrist and life's busy.
But I don't mind going slooooooooow and taking it easy.

Books and cards are neatly piled beside my bed for occasional comfort reading.
I begin from the "spring part" of the course, just as it should.

Love the books and the cards!

Since I've not read all the handbook through but I suspect it's more or less "just another handbook" with basic meanings and such which I don't need, I decided I would stick to the "course" and study the cards one by one as they come up in the course, going back to the specific descriptions (which seem to be found both on the handbook and the blue/purple books).
There's a bit of redundance in information, I know, ok...
But I don't mind... Repetita iuvant! :p

Morwenna

I re-read the Spring material last month, and decided that I wasn't ready to start yet! Mainly because it talks about how many things in one's life are likely to change as a result of this work, and Spring is the time when the (almost) most-feared change of all would occur, that is not getting our lease renewed! I'm still waiting for the new leases to come around... (bites fingernails up to the elbows) So maybe I'll come on board in time for Summer. I've read the book several times, and done most of the preliminary chapters' work (I say most; I'm not one for collages and whatnot, and the Hallowquest book is out of my reach at the moment, but I'm a great one at journaling--in fact I have trouble knowing when to stop).

Pollux

On the contrary, I feel it is the right time, you know...
So many things in my life are changing and will change in the next days and months.
New job (looking for it actually), possibly I might work as self-employee...
I changed town again, coming back to my hometown in Naples after 4 years...
And at the same time I am looking out for job offers all over Italy, ready to move on.
My relationship, lasting for 4 years now, is going to "change" a bit just because we're geographically apart, and this surely means change for us.
So... it's just fitting in. Feels right... :)

Carla

I totally prefer the black borders (trimmed the outer whites) to the new version. Although both are lovely, to me it seems like the black borders are more...mature? I too feel more focused and the black arches create a hallowed, mysterious atmosphere like peeking through one of those antique keyholes

I trimmed the outer whites on mine as well and I must say, laying these cards out on a black cloth is a wonderful thing. :)

G6

I'm really digging this 1st edition I happened upon a few months ago. The artwork is amazing.

nisaba

Yeah, I love it to bits. I particularly like the scenic but character-free pip cards.

Mittkait

I believe the original printing was the first deck I ever purchased. It was on sale at the bookstore because someone opened it and took the book. The deck was complete in the original red plastic case. The cards were of good stock, it had black borders around the images and a slim white border at the edge. I considered trimming but since it was the original, I decided not to cut.

I have a recent version with the green backs. The quality of the cardstock was a big disappointment. Very flimsy.

I had a few of the various course books but never studied them. I should. Love the deck though, every interesting reads.

G6

I believe the original printing was the first deck I ever purchased. It was on sale at the bookstore because someone opened it and took the book. The deck was complete in the original red plastic case. The cards were of good stock, it had black borders around the images and a slim white border at the edge. I considered trimming but since it was the original, I decided not to cut.

I have a recent version with the green backs. The quality of the cardstock was a big disappointment. Very flimsy.

I had a few of the various course books but never studied them. I should. Love the deck though, every interesting reads.

Yes, the cardstock on the 1st edition has that weighty feel and waxy finish, šŸ˜Š! I thought that too of trimming the outer white border, but since it is a 1st edition I decided to leave it.