Ever fall in love with a deck you've had for a while?

Shanachie05

My Aquarian Tarot

I have had my Aquarian Tarot deck for a pretty long time. I've had it since high school and I'm in my mid 40's! I used it all the time, hidden in my closet away from my parents.

It hasn't appealed to me lately, but I just picked it up a few days ago and remembered how safe it made me feel. I only had this one deck and its LWB as reference, because I couldn't acquire resources and we didn't have the internet back then.

I was in love once. But now I'm feeling like I'm falling in love with it again.

Morwenna

Oddly enough, the RWS. I have a mini that I bought ages ago, but it was really for the sake of having it, because there were so many other decks I preferred. But in recent years I've been using it to test out new spreads or do workbook exercises, and I've come to really appreciate it. Now I have the Centennial, and I'm eager to give it some work!

bonebeach

Yes! I had the Zombie deck for well over a year and I actually outright disliked it and viewed it as a regrettable Halloween season impulse buy, but then last fall I grudgingly took it out for seasonal cheer and...BAM.

Everything suddenly made sense and the deck was adorable and witty and funny instead of trite. I realized that the minors told a specific overarching story, and that the suits all had their own strong narrative. It was my everyday reader for the next SIX MONTHS. I did some bang up readings for other people with it, too, and developed a whole lot of personal card definitions. The deck was constantly on point for me.

I've moved on, searching for my new go to deck, but the I still have very fond feelings for the Zombie deck and I'm sure I'll come back to it again.

And this is a great topic/question, by the way!

magicjack

Bumping this interesting thread because yes I had the Steampunk Tarot by Barbara Moore for 2 years not really liking or using it and then one day it clicked and I love it mainly because of the Victorian look and feel to it. It's getting a little rough around the edges with the black slowly chipping away that actually gives it an even better feel and look. I remember buying it one day at Barnes and Nobles only because I had an itch to buy something. Anything! Even that stupid looking tarot deck. I really liked the book much better than the deck but 2 years later,. I use it a lot!

BeyondtheVeil

Mine is Crystal Visions. I loved it and purchased it. I gifted it to a family member but kept seeing them read with it ever so often. Two years later, I had to have my own lol It reads fast and is a beautiful deck!

Brightest Blessings,
Beyondtheveil

EmpyreanKnight

I've had the Golden Tarot of Klimt since last year, but it's only recently that I fell for it ardently, desperately, with a passion that burns with the strength of a thousand suns. šŸ˜

MysticMoonlight

The Green Witch Tarot. I pre-ordered this deck, was so excited and couldn't wait to finally get it but when I did, it just didn't have much to say at the time so I put it away. Upon a recent move when I was unpacking my things, it grabbed my attention so I decided to give it a shot, it sang like a bird. I was delighted.

I have decks that I've had for years and years that I fall in love with over and over, each time I work with them. The Gilded Tarot by Ciro, The Druidcraft, The Paulina, The Tarot of Vampyres just to name a few. The never let me down.