Tabula Mundi BABALON.

DownUnderNZer

Sounds like it is a perfect choice all around! :D

Am looking forward to seeing the Minutum Mundum as well and on reading a few things I will give the standard deck a whirl for sure to see how it reads. Book in one hand and the deck in the other.

Thank you so much for sharing your first hand experience and opinion about the Babalon. It has made me just that bit more excited and certain that it is a valid choice among so many.

DND :)

The extra Zodiac-Cards are a triumph.
All through the deck Mel highlights, with repetitive motifs, colour, and symbol, the links between the cards, (4Cups, Chariot, Priestess, for example). The 12 Zodiac-Cards do a similar thing, but, obviously, centred on the 12 Signs. Artistically it's intriguing, in Tarot work it adds another layer onto the deck. It's like seeing something in your head for years and suddenly seeing it in front of your eyes. Some could see them as a curio, I tend to think they're a bit more profound than that.

There is also a 'new' Lust (Strength) card in the Babalon too!

Spiffo

I really hope you enjoy it.
Do, please, report back.

DownUnderNZer

It arrived at the end of the week.

I loved the special touches she made and unwrapping it all was fun. Took pics along the way.

I got an extra card which was unexpected: A large black and white "Empress" card.

Have not taken the Tabula Mundi out of the shrink wrap yet and only looked briefly at the Babalon as I wanted to know what it was like to take off the belt and to see the corset etc.

When I make the time I will compare the decks side by side.

yourwildlifecoaching

Has anyone edged this deck?

Wow...I just received the TM Babalon edition and the Rosetta papyrus, and OMG, they are totally amazing.

I've had the Rosetta mini tarot in a tin, and it looks wonderful edged with a dark blue sharpie. However, the borders on that deck are dark, so I wasn't worried about any bleed-over. I've pretty much edged all my decks because I think that looks better than the white.

However...I am finding myself really hesitant to try that with these two decks, because they're totally gorgeous, and expensive. Has anyone else dared to do this? Does it ruin the clean look of the front of the card if you can see a hint of dark from the edge?

Thanks!

Sue

DownUnderNZer

Not I... would never dare to I'm afraid, but there may be someone that has at least done it with the TM. Never know.

Be interesting to see...

Wow...I just received the TM Babalon edition and the Rosetta papyrus, and OMG, they are totally amazing.

I've had the Rosetta mini tarot in a tin, and it looks wonderful edged with a dark blue sharpie. However, the borders on that deck are dark, so I wasn't worried about any bleed-over. I've pretty much edged all my decks because I think that looks better than the white.

However...I am finding myself really hesitant to try that with these two decks, because they're totally gorgeous, and expensive. Has anyone else dared to do this? Does it ruin the clean look of the front of the card if you can see a hint of dark from the edge?

Thanks!

Sue