Softy deck advice

DDwarks

I'm looking for a RW clone to practice intuitive readings.
So far, the only one that sort of does the trick for me is The Thelema.
I think it's it's simplicity and muted earthy colours that does it (??)

Do you have any suggestions please?

JylliM

I personally found the Moore/Fell Steampunk Tarot to be quite intuitive. It also has muted colours, though some find them a bit dark.

Carojulie

Hello,

I suppose you can read intuitively with any deck, but I have noticed in the past that sometimes, a reading derives from traditional interpretation and becomes more intuitive, all by itself, not by a conscious effort of mine.

The decks that gave me the most intuitive readings, recently, are the Druidcraft tarot and the Clover tarot.
Both are RWS based but not clones. The Druidcraft has earthy colors, lots of greens and browns ; the Clover is very colorful, gives off a joyful sunny vibe.

I also got very intuitive readings from the Gorgon's tarot and the Gothic tarot, but these do not have muted colors, on the contrary.

I bet the Mystic Faery tarot and the Hezicos tarot would work well for that purpose, and they do have muted colors (leaning towards spring-green for the Mystic Faery, and a light, pastel palette, Ostara-like, for the Hezicos)

Nemia

Dreaming Way and Silhouettes are my two main intuitive reading decks. And a wonderful intuitive deck for times when you're really feeling the world around you: Badgers Forest. It's like reading the forest itself. Wild Unkown does the same but starker and with harsher images - Badgers Forest is gentle but imo very readable.

euripides

it might depend on how you think of intutive reading - maybe you prefer more abstract images with soft colours? - but for me it's the Touchstone Tarot.

I know some don't like the photo-collage art, but I love the deck; I like the warm brown backs and border, and the people in the cards really speak to me. Like sometimes I feel like they're giving me a "look" - you know, like you do with a friend when "you know what I'm thinking" in response to something (that you can't say aloud without offending!)

DDwarks

I personally found the Moore/Fell Steampunk Tarot to be quite intuitive. It also has muted colours, though some find them a bit dark.

I find dark decks very interesting to look at but when it comes to reading with them I find them a little scary. For some reason I cant get anything positive out of the reading. I think its because I stereotype them in my own mind!

DDwarks

Hello,

I suppose you can read intuitively with any deck, but I have noticed in the past that sometimes, a reading derives from traditional interpretation and becomes more intuitive, all by itself, not by a conscious effort of mine.

The decks that gave me the most intuitive readings, recently, are the Druidcraft tarot and the Clover tarot.
Both are RWS based but not clones. The Druidcraft has earthy colors, lots of greens and browns ; the Clover is very colorful, gives off a joyful sunny vibe.

I also got very intuitive readings from the Gorgon's tarot and the Gothic tarot, but these do not have muted colors, on the contrary.

I bet the Mystic Faery tarot and the Hezicos tarot would work well for that purpose, and they do have muted colors (leaning towards spring-green for the Mystic Faery, and a light, pastel palette, Ostara-like, for the Hezicos)

I never knew the Hezicos until now! Thank you :)
It looks like it would fit the bill nicely too! Its a lovely deck for sure :)

DDwarks

Dreaming Way and Silhouettes are my two main intuitive reading decks. And a wonderful intuitive deck for times when you're really feeling the world around you: Badgers Forest. It's like reading the forest itself. Wild Unkown does the same but starker and with harsher images - Badgers Forest is gentle but imo very readable.

The silhouette is on my wish list :) From what I gather a second edition is in the works.
The Badgers Forest I didnt know of either but I like it very much indeed! So lovely!
I've had a reading with the Wikd Unknown in the reading circles and I'm amazed people can read with it! I think its a little too "advanced" for me or too scary.
The Badgers is lovely though. Really cute :)