Book of Law Study Group 1.28

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
To use A.C.'s argument then: Where are the geniuses in the animal kingdom that have transformed the world of animals?

There are not any, I was responding to your question if anyone has seen a dog act other than a dog, not to identify some evolutionary dog genius that transformed the world of animals.

No wonder communication is difficult at times. :(

Yygdrasilian

Woof

The metaphysical status of our canine friends is a debate perhaps better addressed on another point of Law...
Aiwass said:
2:19. Is a God to live in a dog? No! but the highest are of us. They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.
Yet it may be worth considering that the lateralization of brain functions has endowed us humans with many distinctive cognitive abilities that set homo sapiens apart from the rest of the animal kingdom. While it would be an over-simplification to ascribe linear reasoning wholly to one hemisphere, and holistic reasoning exclusively to the other, this lateralization does appear crucial to our capability for language. "None", in this sense, may be analogous to a consciousness lacking syntactical language skills, as it could be argued that our use of syntax in communication formalizes difference by making opposition explicit.

In other words, "All can know good as good only because there is evil."

Of related interest...
The interface between left and right hemispheres of the brain is the corpus callosum - an anatomical feature bearing a strong resemblance to a Hand (Yod) reaching into the Back of the Head (Qoph) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Corpus_callosum.jpg

Beira

This verse is Hod of Gimel.
Hod has Mercury attributed to it.
Gimel is the path of the Priestess connecting directly Tiphereth with the Crown: it is the final leg of the Middle Pillar, and the only path that crosses the Abyss.
The Priestess stands at the door of our inner temple, keeping the book of the secrets that our mind keeps from the ego, and knows the depths of the waters that lie behind what we are too weak to bear about ourselves.
The breath mentioned before makes sense to me in connection with Kether, the upper sephiroth at the end of the path (walking it coming from Malkuth).

So, the word BREATH, with its manifesting in inspiration and expiration, and with its close connection with life, refers to duality; on the other hand it is Aleph, whose Atu the Fool, is numbered 0.

LIGHT is LVX.. I don't know all the gematric attribution to LVX, but I have been listening to smthng about it.. Can't recall much, but it definitely was considered in its opposition with NOX. What stayed with me is:
we consider light as an aid to see in everyday life.
But the energy at the very beginning of cosmos was so concentrated and so unlike the light we are used to think of, that it was actually impossible to define, the best impression being that one gets from paradoxes, such as radiating darkness, dark light..
The Veil, the boundaries to our knowledge that we consider limits, are actually what makes us capable of the little understanding we have over these matters; if they did not exist, we would just be blasted off by the wanderous power of that force, and there could not be any talk of it, cause we would get annihilated by it in the first place.
I agree with this too, so I wish I got it right and that this apply to this verse as I think it does.

Nuit in this verse mentions none and two, as she did in the answer as to AC asking her a password to make sure it was not his mind playing games on him.