When the cards get Literal

obeygravity

I always love it when decks can be painfully literal and figured it'd be a fun topic to explore.

Today like every day I did my daily draw and was perplexed at Two of Swords being the card for my evening. Low and behold it just clicked with me. The woman on the card isn't waiting, she's sitting with her attention split between two directions. I've been watching TV and hanging out, talking to friends on my phone all evening.

Anyone else experience anything so literal?

AstroJade

Yes, that happened to me in a few occasions!

I am a certified scuba diver and I decided to consult my Druidcraft Tarot about a certain dive I was planning with friends over the weekend. I could not understand the cards because they were not making sense - five of cups, seven of cups, four of cups reversed, queen of cups reversed, Death as warning and Ace of swords reversed as clarifier. "I didn't shuffle that enough" I thought to myself, because I had used the cards the night before - I was showing a student the suits and I had divided the deck according to the suits so that's why I got mostly cups, I thought.

Needless to say, everything went wrong during the dive, had to abort the whole thing at 40m and reach the surface using only the air in my lungs as my tank ran out of air way before I had planned.

Looking back, the cards had screamed at me: BE CAREFUL WITH WATER (Cups). You may DIE (death) because of AIR (Ace of swords reversed - the only swords suit I got). I thought I had scuba diving completely figured out by now (queen of cups reversed haha water + water)

I am so used to look at the cards from psychological perspective that I missed the obvious.

DoctorLecter84

I always love it when decks can be painfully literal and figured it'd be a fun topic to explore.

Today like every day I did my daily draw and was perplexed at Two of Swords being the card for my evening. Low and behold it just clicked with me. The woman on the card isn't waiting, she's sitting with her attention split between two directions. I've been watching TV and hanging out, talking to friends on my phone all evening.

Sure. I remember doing a spread asking about my current job and drawing IX the Hermit and at my job, I'm mostly isolated from people -- I'm alone, behind a closed door in a room located upstairs...

nisaba

The Justice card indicating police activity.

The Chariot facing a Page in a spread, and the guy got run over because he was acting immaturely on the road.

The Tower for a leaky roof. Also, the Tower for a housefire.

The Devil in the Granny Jones deck (which shows a huge spider) for an infestation of spiders in the client's basement.

Oh, dozens and dozens and dozens of them!