Le Tarot Tournant (Bill's Tarot)

gregory

Their parameters would be far beneath the quality this deck needs. It isn't a deck that's a "whoopee, done that, send it to the printer and wait for the money to roll in" deck. It simply wouldn't work. Using a local (to him) commercial printer he could visit and directly liaise with would be one thing - he'd have control - but TGC and Printerstudio are very good at what they do (I used one of them myself) - but also very mass market oriented and it shows. Le Tarot Tournant could never be a POD deck.

This is a deck that has to be TOTALLY under the artist's control at every stage - and that costs. I just hope that if it does happen, I will be able to afford it.

OnePotato

Have you considered self-publishing the deck, at least (if not the full Artist's Book), through a print-on-demand company, like Game Crafters or Printers Studio?

Hullo Aster Breo.

Yes, I'm considering all options.
I'm not ruling anything out,
as everything has its pros and cons.

For a long time I had a pretty good plan in mind,
but things change, and I've abandoned it for various reasons.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MissChiff

TDC: New cards.... Critics welcome here... thanks

Just lurking....

starlightexp

I always get excited when I see a new post here

Debra

I have a copy of the artist's version of this deck--a prototype. You can see it on Bill's website. Mine is the green box. https://nopotatopress.wordpress.com/portfolio/le-tarot-tournant/

The cards are printed on matte paper stock, and the set includes a number of supplements. Following Arthur Corwin, his Cooper Union professor, Bill suggests a different approach to tarot symbolism and purpose. Corwin was apparently an exceptionally talented teacher, a very fine mind. He's mentioned in Kaplan's encyclopedia, volume 1, and inspired several students to pursue tarot symbols in design.

Bill's supplements include a diagram on laying out and manipulating the deck for tracking past and future. Here's a couple of photos of my husband working on the layout.

This was before I figured our the camera, forgive me. To compensate for the lousy photography, you can enjoy both my husband in his gym shorts AND the housecat who monitors the door for hours hoping a gecko will come in.

Fingers crossed the attachments don't open sideways.

Attachments

• Bill's 8 document.jpg
    Bill's 8 document.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 213
  • Bill's 7.jpg
    Bill's 7.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 203

prudence

I'm very curious about this layout for tracking the past and the future, I'll need to look a bit more closely at your photos, with a nod to your husband's nice legs!

OnePotato

I'm very curious about this layout for tracking the past and the future, I'll need to look a bit more closely at your photos, with a nod to your husband's nice legs!

Thank you MissChiff & starlightexp!
I appreciate your hanging around.

Thank you Debra & Prudence!
I think my latest blog entry might interest you, as it sets a bit of foundation for this:
https://nopotatopress.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/a-birthday/

Happy Spring!

Attachments

• 000Spring4Seasons.jpg
    000Spring4Seasons.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 198

Debra

Happy birthday, Bill.
Wheels. Wheee!

prudence

Interesting blog post, OP. And Happy Birthday, may the wheels spin in good directions!!!

rylla

From the above posts I realize that it was your birthday.

Happy Birthday and good luck with all your projects!

ETA I didn't get a chance to read your blog post yet, but I am looking forward to it.