Is there a book?

louiseb

Ok so i was asked from a beginer if there was such a book that can describe the meanings of certain cards together in a spread, i found this a bit dificult to answer as i always believe that the cards together in a spead coincide with the next to follow, so out of curiosity and for my own purposes i am asking this question is there information that explains certain cards that have there own meanings but placed with another card changes the whole meaning so to speak.
I know this may sound silly to allot of experienced readers but to people learning the tarot it could help them in there readings.
thanks all

tarotbear

You might search for 'Card Combinations' for threads on this subject.

Many books contain some version of 'Card Combinations' but they are usually combinations of Majors {'The Star card followed by the Devil card can indicate ......'}. As far as I know there is no one book that will list the combinations of all cards - it would be impossible! 78 multiplied to the 78th power!

If you can locate a copy (now OOP) of 'It's All in the Cards-Tarot Reading Made Easy' (ISBN 1-4027-0986-2) there are chapters on Card Combinations and Runs of Cards.

rwcarter

Tarot Card Combinations by Dorothy Kelly is the first one that came to mind. As tarotbear says, no book is going to be able to cover every combination. And word to the wise, take any such meanings as a jumping off point and not as gospel. If you read something that resonates, you should definitely run with it. But if you read something that makes no sense to you, leave it behind and keep going.

HTH,
Rodney

louiseb

You might search for 'Card Combinations' for threads on this subject.

Many books contain some version of 'Card Combinations' but they are usually combinations of Majors {'The Star card followed by the Devil card can indicate ......'}. As far as I know there is no one book that will list the combinations of all cards - it would be impossible! 78 multiplied to the 78th power!

If you can locate a copy (now OOP) of 'It's All in the Cards-Tarot Reading Made Easy' (ISBN 1-4027-0986-2) there are chapters on Card Combinations and Runs of Cards.

lol yes it is a bit impossible i understand i did tell her you have to follow through on the next cards in the layout. I had never thought of this before she asked but thanks for the advice and i will certainly look into old threads. Thank you so much

tarotbear

My Tarot book collection is in storage, but there must be a couple more ...

louiseb

Tarot Card Combinations by Dorothy Kelly is the first one that came to mind. As tarotbear says, no book is going to be able to cover every combination. And word to the wise, take any such meanings as a jumping off point and not as gospel. If you read something that resonates, you should definitely run with it. But if you read something that makes no sense to you, leave it behind and keep going.

HTH,
Rodney

Do you have any idea were i can obtain this book it would make a great gift for her upcoming birthday. Thanks so much

rachelcat

Instant Tarot Reader by Zerner and Farber has a paragraph for each card in each position of a Celtic Cross. (I seem to remember.) They also present shorter spreads, indicating which CC position matches with the position in the shorter spread.

I'm not sure if that's really what you are asking, but I thought of it when I read your question!

gregory

Do you have any idea were i can obtain this book it would make a great gift for her upcoming birthday. Thanks so much
Amazon :)

But tarotbear's book is better, IMHO - less use of rote memorising - and easy to find used on abe, I believe.

louiseb

Instant Tarot Reader by Zerner and Farber has a paragraph for each card in each position of a Celtic Cross. (I seem to remember.) They also present shorter spreads, indicating which CC position matches with the position in the shorter spread.

I'm not sure if that's really what you are asking, but I thought of it when I read your question!

this sounds interesting i will try to seek it out on the web Amazon. thanks for the tip

louiseb

Amazon :)

But tarotbear's book is better, IMHO - less use of rote memorising - and easy to find used on abe, I believe.

were can i obtain this please. thanks.