The Thursday Night Tarot

Bonnie

Thursday Night Tarot

I fell in love with this book the moment that I opened it. Here is grace and wisdom, tempered with humor ... a book from a "kinder, gentler time". It is important to note that Arisa Victor put the book together ... not only, I feel, to get the material out there, but to share the wisdom of someone that she admired greatly.

I so wish that I had been therein person for these lectures!

This book is a true gateway not only into the Tarot, but into another time and place.

Blessings,
Bonnie

BodhiSeed

Bonnie said:
I fell in love with this book the moment that I opened it. Here is grace and wisdom, tempered with humor ... a book from a "kinder, gentler time".

This is how I feel exactly! Much gratitude goes to Arisa for putting together this wonderful, insightful book.
I'm ready to adopt Lotterhand as my "guru grandfather." :D

Bodhran

jema

oh yay i LOVE this book. I so wish i could have been on one of those lessons. Next best thing is to read them of course.

I read it next to the Meditations on the tarot actually.

nicky

This is one of the books I suggest to people who are learning about tarot... much preferable than a keywords type book

Nicky :)

Umbrae

Tis a brilliant book...worth reading.

6 Haunted Days

From all your enthusiasm this seems to be a great book, I'm putting it on my Amazon wish list. Thanks for sharing:)

LavenderLibra

Bumping up this old thread....I actually found this book tonight in a used bookstore, and was wondering if I found a treasure, or if I goofed, as I had never heard of it. This thread makes me feel really good about my discovery!

**~LL~**

mac22

LavenderLibra said:
Bumping up this old thread....I actually found this book tonight in a used bookstore, and was wondering if I found a treasure, or if I goofed, as I had never heard of it. This thread makes me feel really good about my discovery!
**~LL~**

Lotterhand was an early student of PFC [Paul Foster Case] I'd say TREASURE!! :D

Mac22

LavenderLibra

mac22 said:
Lotterhand was an early student of PFC [Paul Foster Case] I'd say TREASURE!! :D

I haven't run across that name in tarot history, but then, I am a newbie on reading about tarot...so looks like I need to do some Googling! ;)

P.S. Hmmm... he's a LIBRA!! :)

Teheuti

LavenderLibra said:
I haven't run across that name in tarot history
Jason never wanted to be a guru or spiritual leader. He was simply willing to share what he knew with those who were drawn to the BOTA tarot. He kept his regular job and met once a week with those who wanted to look more deeply into the tarot symbolism. He refused to get caught up in debating superficial points, always coming back to the seemingly simple but profound essence of a card. I think this comes across quite clearly in the book. In my opinion you get the true heart of the BOTA work from a man designated as Case's spiritual rather than temporal successor.