Motley Tarot from Tyldwick artist

Leo77

With its antique, botanical appearance, this is lovely. Definitely something to look forward to; thanks for the heads up on this one, AJ. :)

Botanical. So maybe the Tyldwick is about the house and the Motley is about the garden?

Farzon

I think he's the only tarot artist whose work I love unreservedly and who makes me go yes yes yes yes. If he said he was doing an angel-crystal-anyone-can-be-a-shaman deck, I would love it even before I saw any cards.

His hand is just magic. This has a slightly Jane Austen atmosphere for me. I can imagine the Dashwood sisters laying it out after a little pianoforte and piquet.
I just thought of my old British classics as well! I hope the whole deck will keep this air of old fashioned elegance!

But with that name, I expected something more "textile"... but maybe it's just the deceiving first look and the deck will have a textile structure after all. At least the teaser pic which was in place of the two cards before did look like a piece of cloth.

lightpers

Is this deck will be Thoth-theme deck? I seen this images before in Facebook and fall in love instantly!

Le Fanu

Not saying it's Thothy as I don't know. But Success is a Thoth title in the Disks suit

Farzon

I recognized that, too. I'm not surprised... somehow, already the Tyldwick gave me a somewhat thothy feeling on some cards. 5 and 7 of Cups, especially.

I would love the Motley to be even more thothy. There are way too less Thoth-inspired decks out there.

Laura Borealis

That's true - it does appear to be the 6 of Disks - and I didn't make that connection, so thanks!

I would still rather not have titles, but that's me. What little we can see so far is lovely, anyway. I hope he reveals a little more soon.

gregory

That does look lovely. And - well, Laura - are you OK with the Thoth words ? Because if this is Thothy maybe it's "legit" anyway. If they are "just" key words - ugh.

AJ

Does this help?

(From his facebook page)

Attachments

• Motey 3 of Coins.jpg
    Motey 3 of Coins.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Motley 6 of coins.jpg
    Motley 6 of coins.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 271

Laura Borealis

That does look lovely. And - well, Laura - are you OK with the Thoth words ? Because if this is Thothy maybe it's "legit" anyway. If they are "just" key words - ugh.

If the artist was catering specifically to me? I'd ask to have no titles (Thoth or not).

But he's not, and first and foremost he must please himself, as any artist should in my opinion. :) So whatever he puts on there is fine. But yeah, Thoth titles would make me happier than keywords like LoS used to strew around the edges of their decks. :p

Does this help?

You clever thing, how did you get the individual card images? :)