Pagan tarot - uusi

The Happy Squirrel

It looks gorgeous, but I'd like to see more minors than just the court cards & aces that I can find on the Kickstarter page.

Does anyone know if there are any more minors to see anywhere?
I'd like to get an idea of how RWSsy it is...

Edit: ah, nevermind, I just read the line where it says that their pips will be Marseilles style.
Pity!
(although good for my wallet ;))

I will just use the majors :)

I always suspect that it is easier for artists whose aren't mainly tarot to do a Marseilles deck or a poker deck as you don't have to wrestle so much with the minors. The majors are so archetypal that somehow I think they are easier to understand, this to create.

starlightexp

I hope they make more boxes available

The Happy Squirrel

Wow they were fully funded within 5 hours....!

starlightexp

IT it reaches that 65K and we get the gulled Luna cards I may squeal

The Happy Squirrel

So. I am confused. Is the "gold gilded" and "hand gilded" and "24K gold gilded" the same thing or different? Not that it matters since some of them were no longer an option by the time I got there.... But I am curious!!!

And when they talked about gilding are they talking about the edges or on the cards and if so which cards, or ......

starlightexp

So. I am confused. Is the "gold gilded" and "hand gilded" and "24K gold gilded" the same thing or different? Not that it matters since some of them were no longer an option by the time I got there.... But I am curious!!!

And when they talked about gilding are they talking about the edges or on the cards and if so which cards, or ......

Uusi has a craftsman there that hand guilds decks in 24K gold on the edges of the deck. Here is a link to their blog with a look the process. (I will admit I splurged and got one of the gold gilded versions.

http://uusi.us/blogs/gibber-ish?page=3

If they reach $65,000 in funding they will add a hot stamp gold foil to the 5 Luna cards that they are including in the deck with the various moon phases. That is for ALL decks if they reach that goal. The 24k edge is a special add on

The Happy Squirrel

Uusi has a craftsman there that hand guilds decks in 24K gold on the edges of the deck. Here is a link to their blog with a look the process. (I will admit I splurged and got one of the gold gilded versions.

http://uusi.us/blogs/gibber-ish?page=3

If they reach $65,000 in funding they will add a hot stamp gold foil to the 5 Luna cards that they are including in the deck with the various moon phases. That is for ALL decks if they reach that goal. The 24k edge is a special add on

Ah so all gold gilding referred to the edges only :)

starlightexp

Ah so all gold gilding referred to the edges only :)

Yes except where the Luna cards are in question, Those will have gold on the card faces of the cards in all the decks if the goal is reached

Madrigal

Backed this one. I have their pagan playing cards. Oh my goodness, cardstock like buttah. Gorgeous, refined imagery, muted colors that are alive. And now all of that carried over to a Tarot deck. Very excited about this one!

The Happy Squirrel

Backed this one. I have their pagan playing cards. Oh my goodness, cardstock like buttah. Gorgeous, refined imagery, muted colors that are alive. And now all of that carried over to a Tarot deck. Very excited about this one!

Hm. I had gone back and forth about the poker deck.....