Ethereal Visions Tarot - New Nouveau Tarot Deck

Daemon Lover

Hi

I have only experienced this with a certain oracle 😐 on Kickstarter....it came eventually😊

I backed this deck too and have found the updates lacking...maybe it is because the artist has been totally focused on completing the deck.

I would have to have a few more updates from the artist and a shipping notification for the Ethereal Tarot deck before I fork out more money for a yet-to-be created oracle! 😮

Essjay

I ordered this deck a while ago, after the campaign closed, from Matt's website.
When I ordered it, the ship date given was May 2017.
Then it was changed to June 2017.
Now, when I looked at Matt's website, it says July or August 2017.

Meanwhile, according to posts on FB, he apparently has started an oracle deck that will be posted on Kickstarter soon...

I've not experienced this before, is it common for the release dates to get pushed back, then back again, without any updates to customers? Or did I just miss something?

~sigh~ sorry, patience is so not my strong suit!

~Cara

This has happened with everything I've ever backed in Kickstarter! I think their original printer upped their quote so they're searching for a new one. I'm sure it'll be out this year but without a large publisher behind creators everything takes longer than their estimates :)

garmonbozia

It's not uncommon for project timelines to get pushed back again and again. You have to be patient with Kickstarter projects.

Like most projects in life, things can easily take twice as long as our best estimates.

Anam Cara

Thanks, everyone, for your replies!

I have backed several other decks in the past and only once before was the ship date pushed back.
That was with Pagan Otherworlds, where at least the creators posted regular updates.

Matt DID finally post an update, 3 days ago. Not on his website (where you can order the deck), but on Kickstarter - you have to click on "updates" to find it. It sounds like others were contacting him, asking about the status of their decks too, and how his new oracle might affect the tarot decks' ship date...

"...We have had several inquiries regarding the status of the Ethereal Visions Tarot Deck. The artwork was completed last month and we are now working on finalizing the booklet and packaging design! Unfortunately, the printer that we had original quoted with in 2016 have raised their quote by $800 so we are currently talking with two other printers in the hopes that we can secure a more reasonable quote. Once the artwork is sent to the printer there will be a 2 month window for delivery from the printer which will lead us into late July.

Once the decks have arrived we will beginning shipping out to you as soon as we can. We have almost 1000 decks to ship around the world so please be patient with us (it is just me and my wife doing all of this). It is more than just shipping the decks out -each deck is also numbered with a matching signed and numbered card which will take time to include in each deck.

What is this new Kickstarter?

Many of you have also been asking about the new Kickstarter we are launching on May 31 and how this will effect the delivery of the first tarot deck. Please rest assured that this project will not effect the delivery window previously mentioned. As we wait on the decks to arrive from the printer I will have a few months to complete this new Oracle deck so there will be a lot going on in the Ethereal Visions camp for the next 60 days!

If you are interested in learning more about this new Kickstarter please follow me on social media and Kickstarter or sign up for our newsletter..."

~Cara

silvereye

I m wondering if gold foil would be in the final printed version so in Medieval Scapani style of good foil rather than say, the Golden Tarot of Klimt