BORDERS -- The 5th AT Deck

Flames

Hello Everyone! :)

This is the thread to discuss Borders. Yes, the time has come to add borders to our COMPLETED DECK!! :thumbsup: How amazing is that? Thank you to all of the participants for your contribution and creativity, dedication and commitment. It has been an awesome journey exploring with you. Thank you very much for making this deck a reality!! Sincerely and with deepest appreciation.

Okay, here is the link where you'll be able to see Seven Star's wonderful work. She was very kind to offer to do borders for this project. Let us know what you think by noting it here on this thread. We want to hear from you!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq9sos5w9iotzfy/AACfjNGlKSU98kv4ZO0hgp4ia?dl=0

Have fun!

Padma

I like border number three...and the last one, the red and black one!

SevenStars, great job on the multiple choices!

gregory

That's confusing. They need NUMBERING somehow !

The first in line - called no 8 ! impinges too much on the artwork. The second in line ("2 of 10" !) the bulge on the text box nixes it for me - again, it gets into the art.

I LIKE 3 of 10. I'm OK with 5 of 10. but it does nothing to UNIFY the deck. 6 of 10 is better that way. The others in that "set" are too intrusive.

The last set - Padma - I think you may have misunderstood here - that looks like a template I've been using, and I THINK you'd not get the coloured bits - the red or the green ? though I make it red and brown... no black !

My vote's for no 3, with the 6th as a second vote. The border IS less important than the card image - and some of these it doesn't come over that way.

Flames

I like #3, as well. My favourite!

Yes, they're not numbered but they do have names/titles...so, #3 of the 10 listed options, is called "borders by seven5". We'll see what we can do about numbering the options to make it easier for people. In any case, I think #3 of the 10 listed, will unify the deck, wonderfully! That's my pick. :)

reall

ha ha! gregory you are right!:)) those were card templates!:)) now named templates!:))
and borders by seven are named that way and marked v1,v2,v3,v4 etc we'll ad more if needed!:)) hopefully no more confusion!^^

so post if you have some ideas?^^ what borders would you like to see here
and while we're at it i would like to hear what are your preferences in general/fav etc?:))

Tarot Orat

I like "3 of 10" the best. Simple, uncluttered, and goes well with the different types of images it's shown with.

I think we need to keep in mind the range of artistic styles. For instance, a border that looked good with a vintage photograph might not work with a brightly-colored drawing.

truelighth

I like "3 of 10" or sevenv3 the best also. It is neutral enough to not intrude on the images (like some others) and because it is that outspoken, I think it will fit with all the images. I like the way "6 of 10" looks with that 10 of pentacles for instance, but it being red, I doubt it will work with all the images.

So I vote for sevenv3

reall

we get two more borders design from seven!:))

v5/I asked her if possible to make this in violet AT color!:)))and with burnt/light text effect!^^:))
cuz I luv her idea for Jewelry Box Lenoracle and think it would be looking good here and give that unique and special look to whole deck but that's my preference!^^XD :))

and v6 simpler and more neutral geometricdesign I think we all luv!^^ :)))

tell me what you think?!^^:))

see in dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq9sos5w9iotzfy/AACfjNGlKSU98kv4ZO0hgp4ia?dl=0

gregory

All but the two I mentioned before and also 6 of 12 - which looks a lot like 3 and would also be fine - would have difficulties with some of the cards.

We have to think of the very varied artwork and its colouring. The borders NEED to be as neutral as possible. Sorry reall - I know you like 'em fancy - but it simply doesn't work on a collaborative deck.

I wouldn't actually want to see that red velvet on ANY deck - but there are cards in our deck with which it would look truly frightful.

Borders like most of seven's need to be around decks they were designed for, or where the deck as designed with the borders in mind. You can't just whang something like that red velvet around a card like TBs (see attachment) - it simply isn't RIGHT ! And it totally bleaches out my 2 swords, BTW - look.

Attachments

• No way.jpg
    No way.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 183
  • No way 2.jpg
    No way 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 204

Flames

I also like 6 but am still very fond of 3...so, I'm going with 3. I feel that it would help to unify the deck much better. :)