The Eklektikos Tarot

Alta

Thank you for sharing the details and the progress. What enchanting images! And I like your style very much.

Elven

You have put so much detail into colour and textures - not to mention the great interpretaions and thought into each card - they speak. This is already a wonderful deck, and I will be looking forward to (both of you) your work in progress.
Thanks for sharing and updating.
Cheers
Elven

truelighth

What a wonderful deck. I love your art, it is so intrigate and realistic. I definately hope to see more of this deck. Great work! :thumbsup:

Designerhands

Thank you for all your comments.
I've been a bit slow to post the progress since I have been busy with other stuff and resting too due to RSI, but I've just uploaded a new card and created a page in facebook.

Hope you like this one as well. xxxx

http://designerhands.blogspot.com

truelighth

Again, a wonderful card. Yep, I definately like it! I like the trees in the globe with the roots reflected in the water.. they look so realistic too. :thumbsup:

Designerhands

Another update :)

I've added another card, The High Priest.

I would like to add that in general during the process of creating a card, there is a lot of thought and research put into them, but also there are images that come "inspired", in those times, I just have to pick the pencil and start sketching the vision which I know and feel is right. While painting, I send a thought out asking for help and guidance. With the High Priest that's exactly what happened, and interesting enough, when I sat down to start the research a movie came up on the tv about the Native American people...another time, when I was almost ready to start the drawing, 2 documental programmes came up on tv...the timing, I found, was lovely and couldn't help but feel grateful.

Ok,so there is just one more major card left to do, which is the Hanged Man.
The majors that haven't been posted yet need a bit of retouch and redo here and there, which will be the last thing to do and hopefully will be posted all at once. Then comes the long way to complete the minors, so there is still a lot of work ahead. :)

I hope you like this card too.
xxx

http://designerhands.blogspot.com

AJ

you can put your website link in your profile too.

tigerlily

This is is so, so beautiful! I'll start saving money right now! LOL

Designerhands

The Hanged man is ready :D

In theory that would have been the last card of the majors... but after much consideration we have decided to redo the first 3 cards we did (the magician, judgement and the world). Because they were the first of the lot, the general idea of the deck was in diapers lol...so they lack the symbology of the rest.
We are thinking of posting those 3 anyway so you get an idea of the composition but we are redoing them and will post the final cards... what you think?

xxxxxx

Alta

I find that interesting. There have been other artists here who posted the changes and I enjoy watching the process of creation.

Also you certainly would not be the first tarot artist to feel the need to go back re-do the first few cards in the series as the style had evolved as they did them.