Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot


 
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
Could it go to Oddity surface? She's in Sweden - is that right?
I suppose so! I just assume everything goes by air!
Top   #21
thorhammer's Avatar
thorhammer  thorhammer is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 21 Sep 2007
Location: Running
Posts: 19,764
thorhammer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
I suppose so! I just assume everything goes by air!
Here, you're able to specify air or surface. Most peeps don't know that with regard to domestic mail, but you can still do it.
Top   #22
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

In the UK you say what you want and pay (through the nose) accordingly. In Canada (rather to my surprise) you say what you want and pay accordingly and if there is no space on the way you have chosen, they send it the other way anyway (thus did I get an airmailed Christmas gift in March but on the other hand once I got a surface mailed book two days after it was mailed.... !)
Top   #23
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity  Oddity is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 858
Oddity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
I suppose so! I just assume everything goes by air!
Here, you specify Priority or Regular – I suppose Priority usually means they send by air, but if air traffic is closed I still don't think they will let it sit and wait in a warehouse somewhere until it opens – they'll probably send the quickest way that's available. Shouldn't take more than three days, I guess. It's not _that_ far by train.

But this is really just me guessing wildly, without having a clue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisaba
How does the sky look? How does it smell? I'm really interested in the whole phenomenon.
Where I am you can't see it at all. No smell, nothing. On Iceland, it's different though. Smoke heavy like fog, and many inches of ash on the ground in some parts.
I've been told that some people in Norway (which is closer to Iceland) could notice some smell when the cloud was thickest, but apparently not much. They've had the airspace open for a long time now over Scandinavia, but even when it was closed I couldn't notice anything except the lack of air traffic. The ash is so thin and drifting so high up in the atmosphere… but if there is a small possibility that it might destroy the airplane engines, then better not take the risk, eh?

But we're starting to get some really nice red sunsets, real jewel red – proof there's lots of particles and dust up there in the air to the west.
Top   #24
photokat's Avatar
photokat  photokat is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 08 Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles , U.S.A.
Posts: 2,639
photokat 

Wouldn't it be safest to start the other way around (East Coast USA) because of the uncertain Volcano situation?
Top   #25
cardlady22's Avatar
cardlady22  cardlady22 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 May 2008
Location: southeast, USA
Posts: 22,679
cardlady22 

Another factor is getting it to Wendywu as soon as possible into the journey so she can get the scans.
Top   #26
gregory's Avatar
gregory  gregory is offline
Cat on a cold stone roof
 
Join Date: 01 Jan 2004
Location: The world of the things that could have been.
Posts: 72,249
gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by photokat
Wouldn't it be safest to start the other way around (East Coast USA) because of the uncertain Volcano situation?
It's transatlantic movement that is most affected; within Europe there are alternatives - rail, road and sea.
Top   #27
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity  Oddity is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 858
Oddity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by photokat
Wouldn't it be safest to start the other way around (East Coast USA) because of the uncertain Volcano situation?
It really _doesn't_ impact transport that much. Honestly. Remember it's a lot easier to reroute mail by road and train, than to people...
Europe is _not_ completely shut down or paralysed. It is not a problem. I mean, of course there are problems and consequences like not as many flights – but the news want to show it as if it's much worse than it is. They are really clutching at straws to have something to write about.
Top   #28
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity  Oddity is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Nov 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 858
Oddity 

Didn't see gregory's post there, but yes. It's trickier to send overseas – for the time being. It will probably be all right by the time it's going to the US. (Let's hope it will be.)
Top   #29
Le Fanu's Avatar
Le Fanu  Le Fanu is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 10 Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere Spooky
Posts: 17,258
Le Fanu 

All being well, I should get to the Post Office tomorrow and get Frankendecken sent off to Oddity (I have now switched the King of Swords for the Knight of Swords). It is a funny feeling. I feel like I have presided over this creation for so long, honing and organising, watching it grow, become more and more complete, and sitting up of an evening looking at all the wonderful cards which have been coming in and now off he goes into the big wide world. Looking at this innocuous little bundle it is hard to imagine just how much he is about to travel! He really is about to go round and round the world!

I feel all wistful...
Top   #30




 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.