Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

kaleanna 

Hi Tarotlyn hun,

I think it is beary wonderful that you are doing a bear deck for your neighbor and hopefully for all of us whom have a love for bears.

The little bear cub is very cute!

I look forward to watching this deck's progress!
Top   #11
Citizen

tarotlyn 

Thank you! kaleanna!

I went to bed last night with bears on my mind and I woke up this morning with bears on my mind...
Got up at 8am and it is now 11am here and I have found more photos today...

I am still sorting out photos I have and organizing them into folders such as Majors, Kings, Queens, etc...Cups, Wands, etc...
that is helping emensely because I can see their poses narrowed down.

Then I have an Other photos folder for random (not sure) bears.

I also have made folders for the suit implements, swords, cups, coins, and wands.

I need to look for some nice borders. I saw a nice green bamboo border...but still looking...

tarotlyn
Top   #12
Citizen

tarotlyn 

OKAY NOW...I'm back...

...I just spent all day on ONE card! LOL...Ha Ha...

ETA 9/17: I just remembered that I only spent 1/2 day on the final card (see at bottom)...
I actually did TWO CHARIOT cards...the first one was with black horses...didn't like the final result
so I deleted it and started over...so it only took 1/2 day for final Chariot card.

I started with the Chariot because I wanted to see if I could do this...and if you will look
at the image links below, you will see how I progressed...it WAS a lot of work but I love it!

I hope the border is okay, which I made leaf by leaf!...and I found a little 'three hump' heart
to hold my AT id and copyright year.

Please be on the kind side ... and remember everyone's taste is different!

I can hardly wait to start on the next one...unfortunately tomorrow I am visiting Gladys, the person this deck is for
and I am teaching her how to use her new graphic program. I am not going to let her see these cards until Xmas.
I hope they are done by then eeekkk I do think it will go somewhat faster now because I have
made up THE 'template' with border, copyright heart, etc...
...so I can just plop in the photos, crop, cut stuff out, paste stuff in, re-color-, resize, and be the 'perfectionist' that I am...LOL

Gladys told me she wanted the bears to be doing things ...so I will try to make 'some of them' do things, if I can! eeekkk

tarotlyn
Top   #13
Golden Silvery Dionna

Alta 

wow!! good for you tarotlyn. I have done a little photo manipulation, mainly to correct things within photos, and know how incredibly slow a process it is. The final effect is excellent on The Chariot. I like the border, very woodsy.
Top   #14
Citizen

tarotlyn 

Thank you! Alta! You are right, it is a VERY slow process to edit a photo even close to perfection
You just have to hang in there and keep trying different things till you get it right! LOL

I like the leaf border too...and I am hoping to use the leaf template I made up yesterday, on all the cards.
However, if certain of the photos don't work with it, I have done the leaves separates and
I can apply them one by one if need be BUT I am really hoping that the template will be a go for most cards.

Oh, and I like the leaves because most of my bear photos have a LOT of greenery in them
and the leaves fit in the best of anything else I have tried.

Well, I did one card in one day so far...LOL... that leaves me about 98 days to complete this whole deck
Hopefully I can get more than one card done in one day...maybe 2 or 3 a day??? Ha Ha
Whatever happens, It HAS TO BE DONE BEFORE Dec. 23rd - 24th. eeekkk

Again, thank you Alta for your encouragement ...I am going to need it!
tarotlyn
Top   #15
Citizen

GryffinSong 

Very cool! This is going to be a SPECTACULAR gift!!!
Top   #16
Citizen

tarotlyn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffinSong View Post
Very cool! This is going to be a SPECTACULAR gift!!!
Thanks! hon! I am glad you like it...now IF I can stay off AT long enough to start another card

tarotlyn
Top   #17
Citizen

tarotlyn 

...posting my second card, (the 3 of Cups)...finished I hope...although I tried to add clothing to them
...I decided that they looked better being just bears! LOL They were wearing belly dancing outfits earlier!!! Ha ha...
...I think this regular 'fur' look is the best for this deck!

Oh, and it took some time to find the 'just right' chalice for the cups suit...and to make it
transparent and usable for the rest of the cups cards. I still need to find a good sword and wand.
I already made a good coin. So much more work to do...2 down and 76 to go...LOL

Oh, the reason I am having to add stuff to the tops and bottoms of some of these is because
the photo would be too distorted if stretched to the larger size I am using (300 x 500).
I am making the cards that large for those that want large cards, and if anyone wants them
to be smaller, they can just resize them smaller. I have found that there is less distortion if you
start with a large card and make it smaller rather than try to make a smaller card larger.

Maybe tomorrow I can make 'two more' cards, because today I was gone most of the day
and was only able to do this one card.

PHOTO : is the finished 3 of Cups card...I think it will work alright for the 3 of Cups.

ETA: I just noticed that the bottom scroll ribbon (with the card title) looks kind of blurred...
I will have to redo that...tomorrow is another day! Off to sleep now...(I hope )
tarotlyn
Attached Images

Top   #18
Citizen

Quester 

You go girl!!! What a fantastic idea!!! I love bears and know this is going to be very special!!! Hope we will be able to get one!!
Top   #19
Citizen

GryffinSong 

Your 3 of cups is wonderful!
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.