Intensive Deck Study - Newly Started

Soaring Eagle

Thanks! and Welcome aboard Emily! :D

*edited to add* :rolleyes: Oh I'm so silly we aren't supposed to post all our findings here...just journal them! This is the support thread to discuss the decks we are working with. That's why I was asking if we should start our own thread. I still think this would be better suited for the study group area. Sorry guys!

I think it was great that you added your journal entry. It may help others to study. I know I haven't made my own posting yet, as I have been extremely busy this past weekend. Hopefully I will get one out today.

I did ask about putting this in the study group area, and was told that the study group area is for individual decks. As this group is made up of people using many different decks, it needs to be kept here.

If there is a study group for your deck feel free to post in the study group for individual card study, and to post here for support in your studies.

Soaring Eagle

Vision Quest

I have started restudying the Vision Quest deck from the begining. It is going a little faster than I expected, as I had already started journaling, and had "completed" the major arcana. I re-started studying with the 0-Clown, and am finding more details that I had originally overlooked, and these details are added to my journal. I will be making a posting later in the day in the Vision Quest Study Group on 3-Grand Mother.

I have kept this thread updated, and offered encouragement to all participants.

I have also answered all PMs sent to me.

I am currently checking on color associations, as I do not remember the signifigance of certain colors. I feel that this will help in my study of this deck, so right now that is one of my priorities.

I have not allowed myself to be discouraged by minor setbacks. I worked around certain issues that popped up when I was studying, and got back to my studies when I had a clear head to think, without interruptions.

***To All Participants*** Keep up the good work on your IDS studies. You may have minor setbacks at times, but just remember to get back into your studies when you are able to.

Minotauro

Thanks! and Welcome aboard Emily! :D

*edited to add* :rolleyes: Oh I'm so silly we aren't supposed to post all our findings here...just journal them! This is the support thread to discuss the decks we are working with. That's why I was asking if we should start our own thread. I still think this would be better suited for the study group area. Sorry guys!

are you sure I like the way you're doing it , plus not all of us like to journal I think you should keep doing it this way :) Im gonna do it the same way, actually I alredy have a couple of entries and this way it'll encourage me to write more about it and keep going :D

Penthasilia

are you sure I like the way you're doing it , plus not all of us like to journal I think you should keep doing it this way :) Im gonna do it the same way, actually I alredy have a couple of entries and this way it'll encourage me to write more about it and keep going :D

I agree- keeping our thoughts on here can help others with ideas. I love the idea :D

Soaring Eagle

We can set up this group any way that works for the participants. If you want to post your entries here, feel free, if you only want to post what you've accomplished, that is fine also. This group is here for your "support" and if you gain support by reading/posting your entries, then by all means, do what feels right to you.

Minotauro

I think this is too long...

Title/Number: fool / el loco (mad-man)

Picture: http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/4d/80/fde9b2c008a0141de3ba8010.L.jpg

First Impression: a crazy person , hallucinations, visions , confusion, surreal

Description: a man with white/blonde hair holding his face to his hands , completely naked. to 1 side brown wood-like patterns, to the other many shapes colors and textures , in the middle , red.

Immediate Like/Dislike & Why: I like how this is more similar to the crazy person image that I as a Spanish speaking person is used to , instead of just a happy/stupid person. It reminds me of the earlier decks where the fool was ussualy a hobo, a person with mental problems that was ussualy seen as possessed by demons , or as having holly madness. they couldnt understand it and for this they mocked him.

Colors: red , brown and gold are predominant but it has many many other colors.

source painting and artist intent: philosophy; Klimt described the painting as follows: "On the left a group of figures, the beginning of life, fruition, decay. On the right, the globe as mystery. Emerging below, a figure of light: knowledge." Critics were disturbed by its depiction of men and women drifting in an aimless trance. The original proposal for the theme of the painting was "The Victory of Light over Darkness", but what Klimt presented instead was a dreamlike mass of humanity, referring neither to optimism nor rationalism, but to a "viscous void

Symbols: chaos , nature , nakedness. Madness.

Story [Intuitive]: the fool of the town , the very moment the visions started , he was tormented by them . are they real? Not even he knows, no one else can see them, nobody else understand’s them , Their opinions don’t matter to him anymore , he has lost all conection to the real world, and after all if they suddenly started to hear things or see visions , wouldnt they also covertheir faces in fear?

anecdote: I was eating at a park with a friend there were some hippies selling stuff on the floor nearby, then came around an old man, a hobo I guess who looked weird had no shirt on and whose belly made us uncomfortable s: he was even very similar to the Klimt fool.

He approached the garbage bin right next to us. searching for food most likely, then a man in a suit who seemed in a hurry passed by, he took the change from his pocket and placed it on the man's hand at who he had not even looked at
The old man examined the coins on his hand as if he had never seen something like it, he squinted his eyes. and drew his face nearer to his hand ( instead of drawing the hand to his face) and then when he finnaly seemed to realize what it was. He turned his hand ,dropping them on the bin and walked away light heartedly.
my friend and I were kind of shocked at this , we didn’t understand it , one of the hippies nearby unsuccessfully tried to retrieve the money from the bin , then left and tried again a second time later.

when we were done eating and since he didn’t achieve it we tried our hand too and we DID find the money , but we also realized at what he made us do!
HE made a fool out of us! XD
He searched for food a basic need; and he didn’t cared what anybody though, that’s why he was on the garbage
we in change did care what people thought and we still did the same! We didn’t even need the money, But we couldn’t understand why he'd throw it away! we were searching for money on the garbage can Even more foolish than he was!
We were the actual fools.

Numerology Reference: none, 0, infinite potential , outside any number.

Keywords: the unknown , shameless , otherworldly , beginning ,imagination, unrestrained.

Possible Meanings: the soul before enlightment, a newborn child entering the world of experience , the principle of anarchy , instincts , caveman , the moment madness begins

hunter

Pink Playing Cards

I'm really enjoying studying the astrology of tarot. Today I picked the 10 of diamonds (pentacles). Mercury in Virgo. Mutable Earth. September 12-22. When doing spreads the cards tell such a story, when seeing the repetition of elements, signs and planets. Without a picture to limit me, I can really focus on the spread and not get so stuck on a single cards.

I can assign my favorite focus for each card from all my other favorite decks books. I have such freedom to develop a PERSONAL tarot.

I love short, wide cards. Playing cards are the perfect shape and the 52 card thinner deck is easier to shuffle. And I feel no loss of the majors as one is always becomes obvious by the combination of the minors, and it of course makes sense in relation to the other cards.

Soaring Eagle

Nice to see everybody's studying. I went back through my journal, and added comments to the major arcana cards. I am now starting on the minor arcana cards, with the suit of Fire. I added my entries in the Study Group forum, so that others may find them and add comments if they wish. I am enjoying studying each of the cards individually. I have found so many details that I "missed" when I originally made my journal entries on the major arcana. My journal will be more detailed now with the minor arcana.

I originally thought I might study the minor arcana in groups, all of the aces, etc., but I have found that this deck is rather hard to study that way. Atleast I was having difficulty, so I have decided to continue studying one card at a time.

hunter

Pink Playing Cards

Is anyone using a dictionary in their studies? I often find that I do not know the full meaning of a word. I am taking the time to look up some of the keywords.

I'm still working on the 10 of Diamonds (Pentacles)

"A well lived life". This sent me off on rabbit trails. What makes a life well lived. Are we in total control of whether our life is well lived, or is it defined to any degree by the oppurtunities and resources that may or may not be available to us?

I'm studying the words well, advantageously and wise.

Some of these family cards can be tricky to read for people with trauma backgrounds. I've gotten this card frequently lately, and I want to really get at it's roots.

Soaring Eagle

Is anyone using a dictionary in their studies? I often find that I do not know the full meaning of a word. I am taking the time to look up some of the keywords.

I'm still working on the 10 of Diamonds (Pentacles)

"A well lived life". This sent me off on rabbit trails. What makes a life well lived. Are we in total control of whether our life is well lived, or is it defined to any degree by the oppurtunities and resources that may or may not be available to us?

I'm studying the words well, advantageously and wise.

Some of these family cards can be tricky to read for people with trauma backgrounds. I've gotten this card frequently lately, and I want to really get at it's roots.

My take on "A well lived life" would mean that you feel content in how your life has gone so far.