Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

The De-Enabling Thread

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

cosmic_bubble 
Talking

I think I've just been re-enabled *cough*

Top   #501
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_bubble
I think I've just been re-enabled *cough*

Sorry about that..... at least I shrunk the financial consequences for people...
Top   #502
Citizen

Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbaloo
Yup Gregory should be banned from this thread.
In all fairness to Gregory, she did post the link in the Magical Forest thread, not this one, so there is not reason to bann her *LOL*
Top   #503
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel
In all fairness to Gregory, she did post the link in the Magical Forest thread, not this one, so there is not reason to bann her *LOL*
Why, thank you, darling.

The next time you want de-enabling, I will try really really hard. (It is NOT my greatest talent. Unless you were thinking of the Charmed )
Top   #504
Citizen

mysticmonkey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewel
True, I was thinking of it more as a preventative measure for the future safety of our wallets.
Then again I should probably just stay clear of the "Tarot Decks" forum altogether. *lol*
Top   #505
Citizen

Jewel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbaloo
True, I was thinking of it more as a preventative measure for the future safety of our wallets.
Then again I should probably just stay clear of the "Tarot Decks" forum altogether. *lol*
~giggles~ shouldn't we all. So perhaps I will leave the "Tarot Decks" forum for now and go to Tarot Garden *ROFLMAO*

Gregory, I am pretty much lost cause once I really want a deck, but perhaps in the future I will let you practice on me
Top   #506
Seeking wisdom, peace, and solitude

Annabelle 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofPentacles
I can't lie, the Llewellyn is very pretty. But the Minors are done in a different style than the Majors - more cartoony line drawings than watercolours. I think the inconsistency may bother you before too long. ...And maybe it's just my eyes, but the font for the titles make them VERY hard to read. And since many of the Majors are not readily obvious from the images what archetype they represent (at least not to me), this can also create difficulties.
Agreed on all counts. The Llewellyn is a "pretty" deck that follows the RWS closely, at least in the minors. But the majors and minors are done in a different art style, which is a bit bothersome. And as QofP noted, the title font on the cards is difficult to read.

To me, it's a pretty RWS clone with almost fantasy-art styled majors. It's all together okay, but not apt to win my vote for deck of the year.
Top   #507
Citizen

sapienza 

I'm thinking of getting the Celestial set. I've studied Astrology for awhile and love Greek mythology and like the idea that this deck combines both. Anyway have it and hate it that could help me save my money???
Thanks
Top   #508
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapienza
I'm thinking of getting the Celestial set. I've studied Astrology for awhile and love Greek mythology and like the idea that this deck combines both. Anyway have it and hate it that could help me save my money???
Thanks
ER - I have to say yes, and no....
Top   #509
Citizen

jackdaw* 

I don't have it, but I can make a couple of points about it ...

First, the artwork may be a little washed-out for some people.

Second, so many different Tarot artists/designers/writers have their own system for reconciling astrology and particular cards. Because astrology is so integral to this deck, if you don't agree with this particular system it will probably make it unworkable for you.
Top   #510

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.