Wildwood Tarot - Revised Edition

Melia

Thanks Alison. Words fail me as to why this is the case, unless it was deliberate. A small sticky label on the box marked '2nd Edition' would have been the obvious thing to do. I'll keep my money in my pocket for now.

magpie9

What Melia said.
I cannot imagine what they were thinking. I'm much more interested in the additional information on the courts than a pretty new back, though that's nice too. So another copy of the first edition deck and book is of no interest whatsoever to me.

I think a lot of us will choose to hold onto our money until there's some way to tell the editions apart.

Debra

I can see why they don't consider that different backs makes for a new edition of the deck. Card backs are like the covers on a paperback book--publishers don't get a separate ISBN for every cover design. I guess the problem comes in that they are bundling the book with the cards.

I bet if you wrote to them explaining the interest in the new book there might be a solution--maybe Ryan could put the new court card info on the web site, for example.

Carla

I wish they'd revise the fronts...

Ha! Oooh, Leffy! That was sharpish. (I agree, though. I traded mine...)

I wonder what the reason was for changing the backs. It's not a huge change.

Debra

How to get the new version.

Here's from John Matthews on the Wildwood web site:

FIRST, despite what is showing on the Amazon UK site, there are plenty of copies of Wildwood to be had. If you are in a hurry we suggest you order direct from Connections Publishing, and if you mention the problem they might even give you a discount!

SECOND: Unfortunately, although new copies of the Wildwood Tarot are now in the warehouse, there is no means for the suppliers to tell whether this is the revised reprint (not really a new edition) or the old one. So, if you are desperate to get a new copy that has the card back and extra texts on the court cards, again we suggest you order direct from Connections Publishing or contact Eddison Sadd Editions.

We are so sorry about this, but it is actually not our fault, and is unfortunately beyond our control. - John Matthews for Wildwood Tarot
http://thewildwoodtarot.com/#/news/4571581682

Melia

New card backs and a revised book equates to a modification, and that means new edition. To say that it isn't, is NOT sensical.

I have already contacted Connections Publishing and have received no reply - this was approx. 5 days ago. Eddison Sadd Editions might be more helpful: info@eddisonsadd.com