Waite's using General Book of the Tarot to take shots at Yeats & Farr

Cerulean

Thank you, both for the very fascinating data.

I had come across a mention of Mr. Parious' name as a Yeats scholar and a mention of his speech in a booklet, but did not know how to find the article/talk.

The title of the talk given yielded this link:

http://www.forteans.com/tapes.htm

A Black Mass in Eden:W.B.Yeats and the Mystery of the Tarot Dance is Volume 2 of the year 2000...and it's audio tapes (have to find a tape casette player...)

Thanks again--I had to re-read Decker and Dummett's information on Waite's earlier Golden Dawn membership and activities--which I had earlier not read in detail, because I was simply trying to familiarize myself with WB Yeat's history.

Regards,

Cerulean

mac22

Pagan X said:
I have to say, I am disappointed in Arthur.

It is hardly Christian of him to be taking cheap shots at Florence Farr after her death via a book written under a pen name.

In addition, it does make me wonder how much of Waite's material on Tarot tradition and meanings is derived from research and experience, i.e., is useful to the student of Tarot, versus how much may be hidden/coded potshots at fellow occultists!
[/i]

It was these inflated egos, both Mathers', Crowley, Yeats, Farr ... just to name a few..., that hastened the demise of the GD.

Mac22