Deck Check-up Spread

Kristyjnh

This is a super simple spread for just checking in on how your deck is doing.

1**2**3

1. Deck's current energy level
2. The need for cleansing
3. My compatibility with the deck or my energy level

So for 1 & 3 you want higher numbers,
but for number 2 you want a low number.

I hope it works for everyone!

GlitterNova

Just a question, how would you interpret the court cards? For example, I got a page in one of the positions and I figured it's the least of the court cards so it'd count as a low number, but I could also see how the court cards could be higher numbers.

Kristyjnh

Just a question, how would you interpret the court cards? For example, I got a page in one of the positions and I figured it's the least of the court cards so it'd count as a low number, but I could also see how the court cards could be higher numbers.

I would say the courts are unnumbered personally, but you could also interpret them as being higher numbered than the 10's. After cleansing my deck I pulled the Queen of Wands for the second position - the need for cleansing. To me that indicated that it was no longer in need of cleansing.

High numbered Majors might indicate an excess of energy (WAYYY too much) or a really serious need for cleansing.

Virgo26

Cool - I just tried it out and got a higher number in the first position (It was The Sun) and a low number for the 2nd, which is good.

What if for the last position you also get a low number (in this case a 4)? If the deck isn't in need of cleansing and it has a lot of energy does that mean the querent just needs a break?

Kristyjnh

Cool - I just tried it out and got a higher number in the first position (It was The Sun) and a low number for the 2nd, which is good.

What if for the last position you also get a low number (in this case a 4)? If the deck isn't in need of cleansing and it has a lot of energy does that mean the querent just needs a break?

Yeah, or maybe you need a little reconnecting with that deck. Meditate with it or sleep with it under your pillow or at your bedside - a little bonding energy ;)

I think you'll be able to tell if it's your energy (like if you aren't feeling fantastic or have been kinda down) or the bond, but if you want to make those separate questions...

1**2
3**4

1. The deck's energy level
2. The deck's negative energy level (in other words, the need for cleansing)
3. My energy level
4. My current compatibility with the deck

Whatever works for you - Feel free to modify as you like :cool4:

roshelley

I like it. Simple & effective

skye-angelite

Deck Check-Up Spread

Thank you so much Kristyjnh, I loved this spread.
Using my favourite deck, The Gilded Tarot ...

I will post my reading in the 'your readings' sub forum.

Ms. Jocelyn

Yeah, or maybe you need a little reconnecting with that deck. Meditate with it or sleep with it under your pillow or at your bedside - a little bonding energy ;)

I think you'll be able to tell if it's your energy (like if you aren't feeling fantastic or have been kinda down) or the bond, but if you want to make those separate questions...

1**2
3**4

1. The deck's energy level
2. The deck's negative energy level (in other words, the need for cleansing)
3. My energy level
4. My current compatibility with the deck

Whatever works for you - Feel free to modify as you like :cool4:

Ok. I tried this and I am a bit confused. What if you pull a card that says high energy, and the negative energy is only one less. I guess what I am saying is they both seem to be almost the same.

Thanks for your help.

Kristyjnh

Ok. I tried this and I am a bit confused. What if you pull a card that says high energy, and the negative energy is only one less. I guess what I am saying is they both seem to be almost the same.

Thanks for your help.

So it has a lot of energy, but a lot of that is negative energy is likely how I would read it. The negative energy question is mainly there to know if I should cleanse the deck or not. If it's a high number, I recommend giving your deck a cleansing - the new moon is coming up so you might want to harness that energy.