Five of Cups

re-pete-a

Thats the beauty of tarot,it can be either,G or B,thats also where one learns to listen to ones inner voice, feel the energy of the client.But then isn't 5 the power of emotions,it's in the blood.
________
List of ferrari engines

HoneyBea

re-pete-a said:
Thats the beauty of tarot,it can be either,G or B,thats also where one learns to listen to ones inner voice, feel the energy of the client.But then isn't 5 the power of emotions,it's in the blood.

Yes I see what you are saying , but I guess it all depends on what system you follow how you consider the No.5 - in my own system I have come to see the fives as representing loss, conflict, challenge, opportunity for change and more often than not a turning point - so they can suggest a change or shift in direction or in struggles and do seem to indicate a freedom of choice.

So 5's can symbolise for me change, expansion, freedom and exploration.

They may just represent that turning point in life, and they show us that it is how we handle our freedom of choice in the way we respond to the changing patterns of life whether or not we respond well and rise to the challenge that indicates if the situation results in stress, conflict or regret.

The Major Arcana Card that responds to this No. is of course The Hierophant, he is a Leader/teacher and one of his guiding lights is to help us find our own truth in order to live our life in a meaningful way.

So as you say perhaps 5 is part of the power of emotions, but it is how you handle those emotions that brings you the results of success or stress.

Just some thoughts on the number 5 :)

~ HoneyBea ~

Teheuti

re-pete-a said:
isn't 5 the power of emotions,it's in the blood.
The question is, which emotions?

Are 5s about feeling welcoming, caring, appreciative, festive? Or bored, stubborn, or perplexed? These are all emotions. Are these the emotions of the 5s? Almost all the cards can be described via their emotions. Which ones, in particular, work most strongly with the 5s?

Mary

Gazel

Teheuti said:
The Hierophant (another 5) is sometimes called the "Pontifex" which means "bridgemaker," just as the number 5 can be seen as a bridge from the lower to the higher numbered cards.

Mary

Very interesting. Now I'm wondering if the Hierophant could be some kind of mediator or negotiator, if he popped up in a reading about someones job or qualities? Or is that too far fetched?

Gazel.

re-pete-a

Could be that the Hierophant is the reminder that there are standard ways to handle loss,OR,hermetically speaking 5 is the time of decisions,5 represents the etheric(spirit)one can go the normal or understand that it's the time to see how strong ones beliefs are,spirit says there's 2 left ,alls not as it seems,OR,one can focus on the loss,and fail to see the larger picture...So one could say as was suggested earlier its the"cross roads".....but one is cautioned to feel all there is to feel in the situation,wear the cloak of sorrow,,,,for a while ,use up that energy,then ....been there ,done that,tick that box,move on.(EN)lightened!
________
Extreme Q Vaporizer

rcb30872

Makes a load of sense. Go through the loss, and whatever else, gain from the experience, so you can recognise the same thing in a different situation and from hindsight you would know what to do, and use that experience to advise others. Very easily can be linked to The Hierophant! :D