A self help reflection spread

Luna Shay Luv

I got this idea from a spread on here, but cant remember where, but this is mine with a twist, what do you think?

--8------------9--
---2----------3---
--------1---------
-----6-----7------
---4----------5---
10--------------11

1. be true to yourself
2. be true to your word- can help say what u mean and mean what u say
3. nothings person- things happen, how to move past it
4. dont assume- communication toward others
5. hear- what you need to hear
6. see- what your not seeing
7. taste- what should be explored, mentally
8. feel- what your not feeling emotionally
9. try- something you need to at least try
10. reflect
11. moving forward

rwcarter

Again, I have a problem with the layout and with the flow. Hear, see, taste, feel and try should either be near one another or they should be laid out in a recognizable pattern. As currently laid out, you appear to be creating some shape, but it's not readily apparent to me what that shape is. Since I don't see the importance of the pattern, I'm going to change it. But it's your spread and you can accept or reject my changes as you see fit.

So I'll start with this layout because the positions basically fall into three groups:

To kinda bring it back to your layout, let's try this:

or

Is position 3 supposed to be "nothing is personal"? I'd also slightly rephrase positions 10 and 11 to be "what to reflect on" and "how to move forward" or "what to do in order to move forward.

Rodney

Luna Shay Luv

Okay, its official, i suck at making spreads, lol.

rwcarter

No, you don't suck at making spreads! All the spreads I've commented on are inventive and interesting. Most people don't care about the flow or the layout of the spreads they use. I do. If you like the flow/layouts that I've suggested, cool. If you like your original flow/layout better, that's cool too. :)

Rodney

Dolphin_Dreamer

<---thinks they should have a forum for just layouts...

I agree with RW you don't suck at making spreads, you're spread is interesting and inventive and helpful for self help and you got your idea out here which is a lot to do. There are just some people who find it easier to see patterns, or flow or whatever (much like sometimes it is better to get a person to edit letters or books we write-they often see what we may forget or aren't focused on or just aren't good at doing). You will get there with the layout aspect... Good work Luna! I like it.

A friend asked me to do a general spread for her and maybe this is one I should try on her and myself...

Dolphin_Dreamer

Also

I just looked at 2 of your other spreads. I love spreads based on songs! You've done a great job on those too! Me thinks I need to do them on myself..