Question about Daily Court Cards

nisaba

I've been trying to keep the habit of doing a daily draw every morning.

For the past week and a half (that would be about ten days, although I haven't been writing my daily card down, so I'm not sure about that), I've gotten nothing but court cards (I shuffle every night before I sleep and again every morning before I draw). For the first couple of days, I'd tried to figure what lesson each card had for me to learn for each day. After a couple days, I began to expect with a bit of humor that I'd continue getting court cards. Now its just uncanny, and I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Here's a thought: is the discipline of drawing a daily card consciously related to learning more about Tarot, deepening your skills? Because if it is, and you're drawing court cards most often, perhaps the deck has worked out that court cards are your weakness, and is throwing them at you deliberately so that you give them some serious thought. Not that they reflect your immediate life, just that you get to know them better. :)

I *love* your name, BTW. I re-read his "Histories" every few years, and it's always lush and I always discover something new I hadn't noticed before. :)

Herodotus

Here's a thought: is the discipline of drawing a daily card consciously related to learning more about Tarot, deepening your skills? Because if it is, and you're drawing court cards most often, perhaps the deck has worked out that court cards are your weakness, and is throwing them at you deliberately so that you give them some serious thought. Not that they reflect your immediate life, just that you get to know them better. :)

I *love* your name, BTW. I re-read his "Histories" every few years, and it's always lush and I always discover something new I hadn't noticed before. :)

In a sense, yes, it is about learning more about Tarot. I want to get to know my cards on a deeper level as I progress as a student of the Tarot. And I think you might be right - the court cards are among the more difficult cards for me to interpret when I lay a spread.

Unfortunately, the act of turning them up in my daily draws does not in and of itself teach me much about what they're supposed to represent. I'm as mystified throughout the day of a court card draw as I am in a reading (that's not to say I'm totally at a loss; it's a hit and miss sort of thing).

After the four courts in a row followed by the 10 Swords the other day, I took a day off from the daily draw, switched out the deck, and pulled a Major Arcana for today which was related to a (fascinating) reading I did last night. So the uncanny daily encounters with the Tarot court has ended, although I haven't yet made complete sense of the occurrence.

Haha, and yes, Herodotus was a real guy. Much cooler than Thucydides, if you ask me.