Hermit Reversed for friendship outcome?

TaureanWitch

I have a new friend. She's a cancer sun and gemini moon. I'm a Taurus sun and Scorpio moon. The reason I'm telling yall this is because (as a strong believer in astrology) i think it has to do with this card i got

My Scorpio moon means i have a hard time trusting people, especially since so many of my most trusted friends of the past have betrayed me in different ways. It seems like a pattern i can't escape. So i don't let people get close to me. However, i would like to learn to let someone trustworthy get close. I very much crave close friendship

My cancer sun friend is a new friend that had bulldozed her way into my life, and so far i mean that in a positive way. We click, we really like each other, and have so much in common. Due to my past with friends that i felt the same way with, I'm scared. No doubt about it. To be hurt once more by sometime i let in would probably be the absolute, very last straw for me.* And i don't want that.

So i turn to tarot often as my relationship with my cancer friend grows

I did a friendship relationship reading last night. Most of it made very clear sense. The spread kind of stated the obvious for the most part: that I'm scared and hesitant to completely open myself, while my talkative Gemini moon friend has been so open. But she may be holding back as well, as she is a cancer sun after all. The current state of the friendship is healthy. What we both want out of the friendship is clear in the reading

But the outcome card (if things continue as they are in the friendship) was Hermit Rx.

Hermit Rx is not something i have gotten much before and i still don't have much of a relationship with its meaning. So I'm confused, and concerned

I've read that it can be a bad thing. Like needing very much (more than hermit upright) to recluse and get away. But I've also read that it can be a good thing, to finally get out of that reclusive state and be open

So I'm very very confused.

If it's a bad outcome, I'm worried that it means i will go back into super hermit mode for some reason. If it's good, then maybe it means I'll finally open up

So i would love to know your respectful opinions. What does the Hermit Rx mean to you? What do you feel that it means here? Please be sensitive to my anxiety and understand that everyone has a reason for their worries and fears :) Thank you for your kind input

Deck used: the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot

rwcarter

The Hermit is on a journey, a search of sorts. Rx maybe it means that his search is over and the goal that he was seeking has been achieved.

Deck-specific imagery could change that interpretation for me.

Rodney

TaureanWitch

The Hermit is on a journey, a search of sorts. Rx maybe it means that his search is over and the goal that he was seeking has been achieved.

Deck-specific imagery could change that interpretation for me.

Rodney
that's a very positive interpretation and i hope you're right! Sorry i forgot to mention the deck. I will fix that. I was using the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot

Barleywine

Do you or your friend have any retrograde planets in Virgo? Since the Hermit is associated with Virgo, retrogradation might be a parallel idea to reversal. If so, I would see how those planets are relating to one another across your charts. The Hermit rx might also be showing that you or your friend will have "one foot in and one foot out" as far as the friendship goes, still maintaining a certain aloofness or reserve. It wouldn't be hard to see with the socially "grazing" Gemini, who can be more about the experience than the commitment. Cardinal signs tend to like things on their own terms, so there could be a certain "take it or leave it" quality to the Hermit rx, as in "I'm going this way, tag along if you want."

TaureanWitch

Do you or your friend have any retrograde planets in Virgo? Since the Hermit is associated with Virgo, retrogradation might be a parallel idea to reversal. If so, I would see how those planets are relating to one another across your charts. The Hermit rx might also be showing that you or your friend will have "one foot in and one foot out" as far as the friendship goes, still maintaining a certain aloofness or reserve. It wouldn't be hard to see with the socially "grazing" Gemini, who can be more about the experience than the commitment. Cardinal signs tend to like things on their own terms, so there could be a certain "take it or leave it" quality to the Hermit rx, as in "I'm going this way, tag along if you want."
thank you very much for your input :) neither of us have virgo placements, but i have a 6th house moon and she has a 6th house Mars. But Mars was not in retrograde at that time

I like your interpretation. While i have have friends that i keep at a safe distance, she has a bunch of people that she considers her "best friends". And that is fine. I don't have to be her number 1 bestie. I just want assurance that this friendship will not hurt me like the others. Thank you very much for your response. I will consider it for further analyzing :D

Barleywine

This is kind of fascinating so I thought I would share it with you. I've been doing a three-card daily draw to test a new a spread I created. One of the positions in the line is "What is my focus for today?" Today, in that position I got the Hermit rx. Although I've contributed to other threads today, yours seems to stand out. In addition, I use a "wild card" clarifier that I deal face-down and then select which of the three areas ("Focus," "Power" and "Mood") I want to read it with before turning it over. I chose the Hermit rx and turned up the 10 of Swords (Sun in Gemini), which seems like a perfect reflection of your fears of being disappointed. So my "focus for today" was helping to figure out your situation. Talk about convergence!

TaureanWitch

This is kind of fascinating so I thought I would share it with you. I've been doing a three-card daily draw to test a new a spread I created. One of the positions in the line is "What is my focus for today?" Today, in that position I got the Hermit rx. Although I've contributed to other threads today, yours seems to stand out. In addition, I use a "wild card" clarifier that I deal face-down and then select which of the three areas ("Focus," "Power" and "Mood") I want to read it with before turning it over. I chose the Hermit rx and turned up the 10 of Swords (Sun in Gemini), which seems like a perfect reflection of your fears of being disappointed. So my "focus for today" was helping to figure out your situation. Talk about convergence!

Ha! That's really cool! The universe is looking out for me hehe

headincloud

I've most often encountered hermit rx as withdrawal or no relationship at all, there's likely paranoia around the situation. He often rep schizoid or paranoid characters generally speaking, people who are cut off from the world in some way.

There's a small chance it may speak of the end of a period of withdrawal but it depends on what the other cards say in relation.