Pyschobilly Tarot

Barleywine

That Tower would make a great poster!

agviz

Edited to add - repeating a previous thought of mine - sorry if this seems like harping!

I love all the artwork I've seen so far, and I believe this would be a deck that would really appeal to me. There's some absolutely fantastic talent going into this work. I'm excited by this so much that I'd like to offer a suggestion that I believe will be helpful. I feel that the artwork could use to be lightened up quite a bit to be readable as a tarot card. I feel that the framing in particular - being finely detailed and very dark - will get completely lost when printed.

I somewhat agree with this:
...It seems like the border takes up a lot of space. The artwork ends up being a tiny little picture in the middle of a big field of black. Seems to me that if there was less of the border, there would be more room for the art...
Although I think the borders could work very well for this deck so long as they are brightened up, are unique to each card, and don't have an excess of black between them and the card edge.

Keep in mind that people often read in places with less than optimal lighting, which adds to this issue as well. I'd recommend printing out what you've done so far in tarot size, then having a few people look at them in a room with average lighting (whatever that means - your guess is as good as mine) and see how they read. That could tell you a lot.

Regarding the sepia, I like the original versions much better.

Zipgun

Edited to add - repeating a previous thought of mine - sorry if this seems like harping!

I love all the artwork I've seen so far, and I believe this would be a deck that would really appeal to me. There's some absolutely fantastic talent going into this work. I'm excited by this so much that I'd like to offer a suggestion that I believe will be helpful. I feel that the artwork could use to be lightened up quite a bit to be readable as a tarot card. I feel that the framing in particular - being finely detailed and very dark - will get completely lost when printed.

I somewhat agree with this:
Although I think the borders could work very well for this deck so long as they are brightened up, are unique to each card, and don't have an excess of black between them and the card edge.

Keep in mind that people often read in places with less than optimal lighting, which adds to this issue as well. I'd recommend printing out what you've done so far in tarot size, then having a few people look at them in a room with average lighting (whatever that means - your guess is as good as mine) and see how they read. That could tell you a lot.

Regarding the sepia, I like the original versions much better.

Very much appreciate the comments and suggestions. Absolutely going to have samples printed specifically to see just how the colors come out on the cards. I know there will have to be tweaks and modifications to the art, how bright the borders are will be high on the list of things to specifically look at.

Zipgun

That Tower would make a great poster!

We think so. And a great shirt. One of the goal with this project is the ability make merchandise and apparel from as large a number of the cards as we can. The cards HAVE to work as tarot cards and the images have to be engaging. It is not easy serving two masters, but the artist, Mike Hallberg, has done a fantastic job so far.

Zipgun

The Devil

Here is our Devil card.

Attachments

• Devil_small.jpg
    Devil_small.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 140

Zipgun

Dapper looking. Tom Cruise with horns? })

LOL, not Cruise, but he is a dapper devil. Smooth and silver tongued, with his pen ready for you to sign the contract. Just watch out for what lays behind him and all that is promised. He'll be waiting at the cross roads for you.

Barleywine

LOL, not Cruise, but he is a dapper devil. Smooth and silver tongued, with his pen ready for you to sign the contract. Just watch out for what lays behind him and all that is promised. He'll be waiting at the cross roads for you.

Do I look like Robert Johnson? I can't even play my guitar . . . but maybe that's the point :)

Zipgun

Prefundia page is up!

The Prefundia page for the upcoming Kickstarter campaign is up! We will soon be starting the campaign to finish the Psychobilly Tarot as a Major Arcana deck. Long range plan is to eventually complete a full deck. Please check it out and sign up! Pass this along to any one you think might be interested.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement and all the feed back. We are doing some tweaking to the card designs and I think every one will be please with the results.

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/psychobilly-tarot-major-arcana/4505/#project-creator-dashboard