Tea Leaf Fortune Cards by Rae Hepburn

celticnoodle

I was in Barnes and Noble last Friday and was surprised to find the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards by Rae Hepburn for sale in there. If memory serves me correctly, the deck was a mere $30.00. not bad really. I wish I had purchased the copy--but I'll go back and get it I think.

This must be the new release, as it is in a smaller, narrower box, not the squareish box that the original copy came in. I can't recall if it had the book as well, but I think it did, and the cards inside are round and measure 3 and a half inches. sounds like the exact size from the original, though I didn't measure my copy.

I just thought I'd mention it, as I know that there is a huge interest in this deck.

Priestess

Yes these are the new ones CN. They've been out for some time now, Rae did a reprint when she found out so many people were interested in having them. I've got the originals so don't think I'll bother with the new............then again I'm not sure????? :laugh:

ETA..... I meant to say above that the book does come with the new set.

cardlady22

I've read that the new edition of the book includes info that got cut from the first. })

celticnoodle

I've read that the new edition of the book includes info that got cut from the first. })

oooh, really?! hmmm...well for sure I will need to buy this newer edition. :laugh:

DaughterOfDanu

I love my copy. So glad that the author reprinted them. I love how detailed readings can get using them.

olivia1

I was in Barnes and Noble last Friday and was surprised to find the Tea Leaf Fortune Cards by Rae Hepburn for sale in there. If memory serves me correctly, the deck was a mere $30.00. not bad really. I wish I had purchased the copy--but I'll go back and get it I think.

This must be the new release, as it is in a smaller, narrower box, not the squareish box that the original copy came in. I can't recall if it had the book as well, but I think it did, and the cards inside are round and measure 3 and a half inches. sounds like the exact size from the original, though I didn't measure my copy.

I just thought I'd mention it, as I know that there is a huge interest in this deck.

if you can, you might want to try Amazon? I have this newer version too. I bought it brand new and sealed for 19.77 USD on Amazon. I have Amazon Prime so shipping was free :)

Tree Leef, how long have you been working with this oracle set? do you have a favorite spread and a a favorite way to draw the "cards"? I ask because my readings are not detailed at all. I think its because I dont have much experience working with it. I would imagine that I would get better readings with it if I did more practice but just the whole process of drawing cards alone is quite time consuming.

celticnoodle

thanks olivia! I'll check amazon for the new deck. that's a good savings if I can find the same deal. I order often from Amazon, as we live out in the boonies and sometimes can't find what we want in the stores. even going to the stores is a hike to begin with, so Amazon is a fave place for us. :laugh:

if you don't mind me advising you on the using of the cards--I'll tell you my favorite way to use them is to do what I think is called the "Calendar Spread" or something like that. I call it that actually. I rarely work w/spreads, but do with this deck. I sometimes will do a yearly reading, using all the cards for my clients. I shuffle them (laying htem down on my bar area, which is huge and mixing them around) and then I pick them all up and count "Jan, Feb. March
, and so on till they are all out.

Then, take one pile at a time and lay all the cards out and start reading each card from left to right to see what is possibly going to occur for the client. they are eerily accurate. I look at the picture and allow it to tell me a story. i do love these cards, but the big drawback is that with having so many of them, they can be a bit difficult to use in a reading--and you really need a large area (in my opinion) to use them. I never use them in a reading for a client that is here for a reading immediately. these are used for 'special' clients/readings and always done on my own time, typed up and sent to the client. sometimes days after I start. :laugh: I feel using this deck is a lot of work, but it's so accurate, it's in my top ten of favorite decks. heck--prob. even my top 5! :D

DaughterOfDanu

if you can, you might want to try Amazon? I have this newer version too. I bought it brand new and sealed for 19.77 USD on Amazon. I have Amazon Prime so shipping was free :)

Tree Leef, how long have you been working with this oracle set? do you have a favorite spread and a a favorite way to draw the "cards"? I ask because my readings are not detailed at all. I think its because I dont have much experience working with it. I would imagine that I would get better readings with it if I did more practice but just the whole process of drawing cards alone is quite time consuming.

I got mine from Amazon as well and felt for the price it was listed it was such a great bargain.

I've had them since November/Decemberish. I don't actually use spreads with them. What I do is I'll just pull four cards. Line them up vertically and read from the bottom up. They're like lenormand in the way that they work together, not separately. So you combine each meaning.

Some people that I read for when I use this deck want a look into a certain month. So I'll pull the card labled the month they want and then four other cards and read them exactly like I do with the other spread, together not separate.

One thing I love about these cards is (I believe I read this in the accompaniment book) that when reading tea leaves or cards you're supposed to kinda pour all your issues out into them as you're shuffling (Or sloshing the tea leaves about). It seems so much more appropriate than keeping your mind clear as we're often instructed to do with tarot.

LynnRA

Tea Leaf NEW Version

Hi there-
Just wanted to let you all know that this new version of the Tea Leaf Fortune Card is not just a reprint. The book has some significant revisions from the original, including the additional images of actual tea cups. The history of Tea is also a bit expanded.
If you like it please vote for it for a Reader's Choice award
http://healing.about.com/library/bl-readers-choice-vote-oracle-cards.htm?r=facebook

Red_Ocean

I got my copy. The box is kinda bulky and the book has pictures of the tea cup. One thing Im confussed about is, there are few cards that say love, marriage,career, etc. Am I suppose to throw those in the mix as well? I know they are meant to pick for a topic that one wants to inquire.