Seeking Oracle Deck Suggestions Similar to...

stardusting

Hello!

I'm looking to pick up another deck or two, however I'm very picky about what I want in a deck. I get the most from cards I can perceive as individual characters in their own right - and thus, would prefer something that displays a persona, event, or object in a style which allows for a very powerful meaning derived from studying & thinking about the card itself.

While it's neat to be able to pull out a book and say "oh, this card also traditionally means this", I like the personal weight that discovering my own meaning within the card brings to viewing & using them.

At the moment, I own one deck. This is the Clow Card set, which was fan merchandise from an animated series focusing on magical cards. The art is very simple, and not entirely my ideal, but it very effectively presents the cards as individual entities which have just enough to them to contemplate what each entity would convey between art, name, & personal associations with the concepts.

I would like to own another, but am having problems finding anything that sticks out to me in the same way those personas do.

http://rozamira-tarot.ru/galeria/albom-oze69-watchers-tarot.html

The colors and detail of the above set really leaped out at me, and I nearly chose it. It may have been a traditional meaning deck, but the images themselves had enough to them where I felt like I would not quickly feel that I had to learn all of the previous connotative meanings of the cards to be able to find meaning in the cards.

However, upon discovering that many of the above cards feature nudity, I had to pass. This will remain true for every deck I purchase, as a matter of personal preference. I have extremely negative associations that I do not want polluting my use of the deck.

For another example of a deck I liked, but did not like the brevity of: https://nerdyninjaplatypus.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/20140730-084018-31218473.jpg I waffled on putting this here, as it does feature Pokemon. I also at one point constructed a deck of Yu-Gi-Oh cards with solid personas on the creatures, effects, & traps depicted that I had good luck with - though what happened to the deck between moving, I never found out. As both are something I have grown up with in my imagination, & have greatly impacted my personal code, they do have more meaning for me than average cartoon creatures. However, I do not want to limit myself, or have a perceived limit, of anime only.

Does anyone have a different deck suggestion that features highly detailed, rich, persona & object art & titles? Humanoids, fantasy creatures, real animals, objects, I'm not particularly biased against anything, as long as the cards remain distinct from each other. I have placed this in the Oracle section as I believe this is more likely to be an Oracle deck than a Tarot one, but will accept Tarot suggestions as well.

Thank you for reading the wall of text,
Star

reall

omg! I finaly find someone with similar *card taste to mine!^^ lolz ;))
btw im refering to anime/manga style!^^ :))
and supercute eastern/mostly korean decks!^^ i discovered recently!^^ facepalm
idk how to add img here are some titles
Rabbits Tarot self-published by a Taiwanese artist using the name Minijump
RW clone from Taiwan produced by Cheerjoy.
Tarot of DNAxCat
The Epic of Unlight Tarot
The Legend of Zelda by Britt Hoyer
wonderer tarot/majors only!
link for dropbox with some samples!^^ https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ohhiyrxbriituvk/AABVBNsQcWJDQN-idpceB34aa?dl=0 mostly find at tarotgarden and this blog http://www.alchemywebsite.com/Tarot/tarot_weblog.html

btw you will hardly find deck without nudity?^^ i think i don't even notice it anymore as i didn't see any of that in links above!^^ lolz had to check it again!^^ lolz ;))

but if you like that anime look and *challenge you should check this one http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/manga-minetti/ there is no nudity? i think?^^ ;)))

and there is probably more oracle decks that you may prefer over tarot? I recomend lenormand/all traditional no nudity!^^ :))) and angels and animals oracles!^^ ;))) beautiful!:))

Darkmage

You might like the Zigeuner cards. There's not much in English, though they've been used for at least 100 years in Europe. They generally are pretty clear and direct and fairly self-explanatory.

The Art Deco Fortune Telling Cards and Biedermeier Wahrsagekarten are in the same family.

You can google the names of the cards and see the images. The decks are pretty cheap, too--about $8 each or so including shipping from Europe.

stardusting

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll look through them (and any others posted) and figure out which I'm interested in seeing more of. A quick glance told me I liked The Epic of Unlight Tarot and -maybe- the Manga Tarot. But I would still like to not always be anime...

I'll have to do more research on your suggestions, Darkmage. They sound interesting, but a large variety appeared when I searched for them, making it unclear exactly what I was looking at. More than 5 minutes of research time will be needed to make choices!

reall

Osho Zen Tarot and Transurfing Tarot have interesting concept and art style?:)))

stardusting

I like the colors in your suggestions reall. Such vibrant colors help immensely with the sense of 'life' within the cards that I'm looking for.

danielnogo

Two of my favorite decks, are the God's and Titans deck, and the Earth magic oracle, those two are both very great imagery, with people, places, terrain, evil characters, dieties, and animals. Both are very good decks and the imagery is amazing. The God's and Titans deck is flimsy to the max so that is one downside, but otherwise it is stellar.

stardusting

I will definitely look into the Gods & Titans Deck! I loved it as soon as I saw the cards. Thank you for the suggestion!

reall

I like the colors in your suggestions reall. Such vibrant colors help immensely with the sense of 'life' within the cards that I'm looking for.

yes!^^ I like radiant!^^ imo colors transfer energy!^^ :))) so I like it clear and bright?:))

danielnogo

I will definitely look into the Gods & Titans Deck! I loved it as soon as I saw the cards. Thank you for the suggestion!

Hey no problem! The book it comes with is great too, like I said the cards are kind of flimsy with the american version, but thats the only downside, and if you would like thicker cards you can order the australian version. Sigh mine is in storage, havent used it for a couple months, so sad :/