Caravan of SEE'ers Fortune Telling Playing Cards

hunter

Does anyone have the Caravan of SEE'ers Fortune Telling Playing Cards? What do you think?

I just ordered the Gray cartomancer version.

I'm assuming the card meanings are copyrighted and not available as a free download anywhere. If I'm wrong about that can someone PLEASE link me to a pdf or the meanings of anything that is available.

celticnoodle

I've never heard of or have seen this deck, but googled it and found it here on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/180102883/caravan-of-seeers-fortune-telling

I like the looks of it. I use to be strictly a cartomancer, oh so many years ago now it seems! :laugh: But, I may have to buy this deck one day soon, as it pulls me in. :)

I also found this to accompany it and it intrigues me all the more!

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/226217352/laminated-information-chart-for-the?ref=related-2

though I also found them here, where you can purchase the deck and much more to go with it. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fortheseekers/caravan-of-seeers-cartomancer-playing-cards-uspcc

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about it. Will be keeping an eye on this thread for sure! :)

hunter

I bought mine from Amazon. I might have a paid a little more, but...I wasn't sure about the other sites. Prices were showing up as pounds not dollars.

I hope the deck ships fast.

celticnoodle

well, keep us posted on it. It looks intriguing. :)

hunter

I downloaded the Etsy app onto my ipad and now I see USA prices. The chart does look interesting. I wish I could purchase pdfs that don't need to be shipped.

I may try to contact the author.

hunter

The cards came in. So far I really like them.

My hands are too small to handle regular tarot cards comfortably, and I prefer playing card sized cards. I really like how these feel. The feel of cards are probably the most important feature to me. When I am stressed out, shuffling is very calming to me.

Also, I have just never liked the majors as much as the minor cards. The worldview of the RWS cards is just not my worldview and the world I live in. They just are not primal and folksy enough.

The 4 elements and the cycles of the year are calming to me. I think that is another reason that I like the minors.

I like the chart that came with the cards. I like the grids that line up everything so nicely. I like that the chart can be used with any deck of cards.

celticnoodle

The cards came in. So far I really like them.

My hands are too small to handle regular tarot cards comfortably, and I prefer playing card sized cards. I really like how these feel. The feel of cards are probably the most important feature to me. When I am stressed out, shuffling is very calming to me.

same here! I am often handling a deck of playing cards (sometimes my tarot or oracle cards) and shuffling them as I sit to watch tv, or am sitting in the car for a long road trip. :laugh: I shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, then I put them all back into order by number and suit. then repeat. numerous times. :D

Also, I have just never liked the majors as much as the minor cards. The worldview of the RWS cards is just not my worldview and the world I live in. They just are not primal and folksy enough.

The 4 elements and the cycles of the year are calming to me. I think that is another reason that I like the minors.

I like the chart that came with the cards. I like the grids that line up everything so nicely. I like that the chart can be used with any deck of cards.

fantastic! Thanks for updating us here. I am going to seriously consider buying this deck myself. I spent much of my day today looking at cartomancy threads--reliving 'the good ol' days' when I use to read playing cards. I haven't read playing cards in years! But my interest has been re-piqued again lately....

Thank you again for sharing this with us and for updating us on their arrival and your thoughts of them. :thumbsup:

hunter

I'm getting some amazing readings with these cards.

I keep making my boyfriend pick cards, and his attention has been caught. I'm not sure if he is more intrigued or spooked.

I've been working all day on charts, matching the cards up to a wheel of the year and assigning dates to them. I can't settle down to seriously work on individual cards until I have the big picture mapped out.

It's been years since I have spent so much time with a deck and remained so happy with the big picture. Once I learned a bit about tarot I became very jaded and dissatisfied with most decks. First I went on a buying frenzy, and then I mostly just gave up. I buy a deck a year now, but the new decks never please me anymore than the old ones. This is the first thrill in years.

The vague pictures, card meanings, and the rock-solid system resonate with me. I have unusual tastes, I know. I live a very minimalistic life style. Most decks are just too...too...I just don't know what to call it. Just too too. But then they never seem to be organized and solid enough for me. These feel just right.

I'll keep you updated.