Mystical Cats Tarot activity: Create a Playlist

Seldes Katne

This is a mostly-for-fun activity that will help with learning the cards.

Look through the deck and select between eight and 12 cards. Create an "album" of music for your deck featuring these cards. You can mix and match styles of music, or stick to one kind (all pop tunes, all classical pieces, all rap music).

The song or piece should reflect the meaning of the card. For example, the Six of Wands could inspire the song "We Are the Champions" from Queen; "Turn, Turn, Turn" from the Byrds could represent the Wheel of Fortune.

You can, of course, add more cards to your playlist. You can also remove a card from consideration if you can't find suitable music.

This activity can be used with most decks. I've seen it recommended in a couple of books on Tarot exercises, as well as online.

Onaorkal

Oh! I almost didn't see this thread!!! :O

It's an interesting activity! I wonder if it'd be worth it for me to try and share it here though? I don't listen to music really lately and I used to listen to only Korean pop for a few years, and mostly Finnish metal before that....meaning (probably) nobody would know the songs I'd pick! XD

I tried to think about an alternative to songs/music and obviously the first thing that came to mind was movies/characters, but that might be too easy!

So I thought about proverbs/sayings! I LOVE proverbs hehehe! I found a list and many cards came to mind when reading some of the sayings :)

http://www.catquotes.com/catproverbs1.htm

Maybe I'd try this later if you don't mind me kinda high-jacking your game? x_x

Ona

Seldes Katne

I don't mind at all. Hijack away! :)

Another alternative could be movie dialogue quotes, and you could probably do that for virtually every card in the deck.

Plus, if you can link to a sample of the songs you're using, that would expand the cultural horizons of a lot of us. I listen mostly to soundtracks and classical music, myself, with some Celtic and New Age stuff on the side.